The end of firewood?

Joy Yeomans

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have nothing to do with logs, but have followed this thread with interest.

I have a lack of respect for those who evade tax, not specifically because they threaten anyones business in particular, but because they are not living by the rules.

Tax evaders still sit in the pub grumbling about the state of the NHS, the schools, the lack of policing etc etc, whilst not pulling their weight and contributing to the system.

The rest of us have to pay their share which really annoys me.

So I have been sort of on Logs side in this debate.

But sending this forum to the HMRC is just a step too far.

I have a lack of respect for those who evade tax, not specifically because they threaten anyones business in particular, but because they are not living by the rules.

Tax evaders still sit in the pub grumbling about the state of the NHS, the schools, the lack of policing etc etc, whilst not pulling their weight and contributing to the system.

The voice of reason again Barry. :001_smile:

I'm a fairly honest guy (if I found a wallet I would hand it in etc). But I don't think HMRC really want the bother of processing millions of invoices over relatively small sums.

A couple of years back I took some metal to the scrappie and got £50, should I have put that on my tax return?

so you were sort of on my side but scared of doobin and his clique of trolls? or why did you wait to speak out until it was against me. for 12-14hrs and over god knows how many pages I think it pretty pathetic only 2 people willing to risk the wrath of the bully boys on here and agree evaders should be shopped.

I agree that evaders should be stopped, but as an outsider of the log business in question I kept out of the debate, its not my business, I am not involved.

But I am involved with the Forum, and implicating Forum members to the HMRC is, in my opinion, bad form.

Just saying.

I'm a fairly honest guy (if I found a wallet I would hand it in etc). But I don't think HMRC really want the bother of processing millions of invoices over relatively small sums.

A couple of years back I took some metal to the scrappie and got £50, should I have put that on my tax return?

You would have to now as scrappy has to pay you with a kite !

I didnt't intend my part of the discussion to be limited just to log sales but more general practice.

I didn't get a chance to comment on the posts that undeclared earnings doesn't necessarily mean tax avoidance but it will most likely then come into benefits fraud but someone else can take up that topic if they feel like it I have work to do.

It doesn't matter whether you are in the business. If you are a tax payer then you are a victim of people who avoid tax. He isn't suggesting sending the boys around to break their knees. He is doing what the tax office ask. That you inform them of possible instances of people avoiding tax that they have a legal duty to pay. They may then get investigated. So he's not judge jury and executioner but doing his civic duty. As I would do too in this case.