Aarrow Stoves Anyone?

robkay

HI MULL SORRY mate there just a cheaper stove thats all if your happy and it does what you want it to do then thats ok fine sorry mull i should put it a better sorry happy new year jon :thumbup:

Haha, as you know I'm only kiddin, happy new year to you and yours, all the best👍

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Certainly prettier than the Burley. Maybe it's just the engineer in me but I liked the principle of the Burley, I liked the fact that while it was new to the market it had actually been designed by a man in a garden shed over a period of about 20 years of trial, error, and tinkering.

Not enough things like that ever get to market anymore!

I disagree . I think the Burley looks better . I have Burley Hollywell and find it simple to operate , only 2 controls , the door and the air slide . Lights easy peezy lemon squeezy . Punts out more than its rated 5KW . One thing that is not up to par is the top baffle plate . Bent and distorted with the metal gauze flaking off after 2 winters . Made my own out of 3.0mm thick stainless and that is fine . A replacement top baffle plate is £87 ! Mine is better . It needs looking at but apart from that it is a cracking stove . Oh and its still warm in the morning with embers under the ash so fires up quick and that is NOT with it " damped " down , just set at the normal burn .

DSCF0023.jpg.f89f7d560bdc55a63aa791a00c65be08.jpg

Edited by Stubby

Had an Ecoburn 7 for five years. Easy to light, glass stays clean, pumps out plenty of heat. Had to play with top vent get it to stop drawing too much air when we were closing it down. Tend not to use it for overnight burns but if we do load it up there is till a few embers in the morning to get it going again. Would buy another one.

We have a Clearview 650 with double doors and an Aarrow Stratford 90 with boiler.

They both take large logs and stay in easily overnight.

I prefer the Aarrow to deal with as it has a single door and the ashtray is easier to empty. Also the controls are simpler and it is easy to riddle and clean.

Both do the job and neither was cheap.

• 5 months later...
HI MULL dads after a 16kw plus one hows your arrow stove going ok thanks jon :thumbup:

Aye it's going great Jon, no complaints over last four years, it's just a wee bit too big at 21kw for the size of room/ house we have.