TPO work question

treestuff

Its not always about who's got the better price, have you done any background checks on other work both of the companies have done? photo of the work to see their standard?

Like mentioned above, they could shave something in order to make a profit, but paying that little bit extra could result in a professional job being carried out, do you know if the other company's crew are all fully qualified, do they have the correct gear or just grabbed a few old climbing ropes from ebay?

Take your time and get to know the companies you are thinking of using :)

- Jay

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People who read up planning decisions and then go out trying to undercut others are no better than doorknockers and we all know what their work ethics are. Do they have insurance, will they take the rubbish away or is that an extra, are they licensed to carry waste etc etc.

there is firms that chase work via planning consent on council web sites then charge extra for other things, e.g. stump grinding removal of brash make certain the quotes are for the same things

on the cost of TPO forms the training and experience that is required travel cost and time, try hiring a chartered surveyor or a solicitor (not relevant unless something goes wrong) and see what they charge

They said they would quote me once the permission had come through so we knew what could be done to the tree as was unsure would be allowed to have any work done. They said they don't charge for quotes and was told the form would take about 10minutes to fill in, that they could do it for me or I could complete it myself?

Is it not best practice to get a few quotes and how do I get correct quotes if I don't know what I can have done to the tree until permission has come through?

This all sounds v underhand and smacks of a tight wad who doesn't give a toss as long as it's done as cheap as possible, as for the other firm poaching work by that means shows a lack of any morals!

Just remember you get what you pay for in this life and a firm willing to use low life methods of getting the work could probably only do a low life job!

You get what you paid for!There are lots of pikies out there will give you a chipper quote,how about the quality of work?if they do something wrong or left the waste there while they were shaving from corners,you might end up spending more.

Time is money.i wouldn't charge for verbal quote within 5 miles radius.written quotes etc.i would charge 70 pounds,if I get the job I would take it off from original quote!

plumbers charge call out charge or you cant fill a form with solicitor free of charge!

why shouldn't we charge!!

I think this is a wind up, work not originally quoted due to outcome of an application to a dead tree! What's that about? Story being fed in dribs and drabs.

Reading from start to finish, it looks like you're all being trolled:lol:

Yup!

Either a wind-up or the classic "I'd do it myself, but....." Type of time wasting Richard Cranium that's best spotted early and avoided like Ebola!

1, I never do an application unles I have the job.

2, if unsure of what would be allowed i would get the Tree Officer to come and take a look and advise on what can be done, then give a quote accordingly. Once you accept my quote I will send in the application. Once the application is processed If you then accept a quote from someone else then I will charge you for the application £60. I think you and the contractor have approached this in the wrong way.

Funny how all those who defined this TPO application sniping as 'healthy competition' are conspicuous by their absence from this thread.

It IS a free market - my conclusion is the sort of person who frigs about like this to get the cheapest price can go get the cheapest cos I hate working for such people. Will they try to haggle at invoice time as well? Probably but if I don't work for them it don't matter.