How much should a Foreman earn?

beechwood

Sounds like I may have derailed my own thread!

My apologies if I caused offence to you or anyone else.

Not me fella! Comment above about derailing your own thread made me chuckle!! Whilst a brilliant opportunity for discussion and debate with folks you might not otherwise meet, it's not always easy to convey all the nuances of a 'normal' conversation online - I got caught out by that early on so try and make an extra effort to say "it's just a personal perspective" - I still get caught out sometimes when I get over excited on certain subjects though (not usually arb related to be fair!)

In answer to your question yes pm me your number and maybe we can arrange to meet.

To be honest, I'm surprised you haven't had many good leads on your job offer, sounds like a good deal for the right candidate. I hate to say it, but if I were faced with a similar problem I'd probably think about an Aussie/Kiwi on a work visa - there I've said it - now I'm kicking myself!

May be up that way in the New Year (closing a house sale Nr Abingdon), what's your neck of the woods??

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I'm surprised you haven't had many good leads on your job offer, sounds like a good deal for the right candidate. I hate to say it, but if I were faced with a similar problem I'd probably think about an Aussie/Kiwi on a work visa - there I've said it - now I'm kicking myself!

May be up that way in the New Year (closing a house sale Nr Abingdon), what's your neck of the woods??

Thanks not something I'd thought about to be honest.

We are based midway between Henley, Reading and Maidenhead so not far from Abingdon (45mins tops)

Feel free to come over

Regards Neil

I think it's a great opportunity for the right person and your spot on the money I recon.

As already said though most will go self employed after a few years if they have the aptitude to reach the criteria of being a team leader.

Maybe an add with the benefits of working in a great team with possible future benefits of working your way up in to the future of the company as I feel this is why many of us leave firms as we put are whole souls in to making boss's money and know that usually after 5 years of doing it will be too knackered and burnt out to carry on... Lead climber position is bloody hard setting the pace and often thankless if you finish a job a few days early and save on crane /Mewp machine hire and wages.

Many thanks and Happy Christmas to everyone who contributed.

Given me a new perspective on things.

Will try and advertise again over Christmas and see what comes of it.

Does amaze me that you only get 30+ responses from over 2500 views!

I guess there's lots of people on arbtalk just looking.

I just think every angle was coverd by who offered advice,sometimes certain threads run there course. Best of luck and like I said re- thread if and whaenyoufind your man or woman, you just never know

Every one who posted will have taken a look at the thread each time a new post is posted, so those views soon add up.

Its like the guy who turned down half a kingdom, but asked for 1 grain of rice on the first square of the chess board, 2 on the second, 4 on the third, 8 on the fifth, etc.

fella, if you do end up looking overseas or down under (and what a sad reflection on uk workforce that would be) there's one important point to remember:

What's the difference between an aussie/kiwi and a 747 engine?

The 747 engine stops whining when it lands at heathrow!!!!

😄😄😄😄😄

Brilliant Kev! :D:D:D I hope you find someone Mr Beechwood...had you been up here I would have loved to try for the job....I love responsibilty for others in this industry...I like to lead by example and a take a lot of pride in Proffessinalism...have a Great Xmas.

I think it is the right money for the right job and I would apply. I do the same in Hampshire for similar money but if anyone has a similar job in North Devon in six months time I'm looking to move back home.