charge customer for day with petrol log splitter?

mattyboy

So my overheads and insurance etc are cheaper because I'm using a log splitter are they? My outgoings don't alter just because I take a smaller machine, well apart from the fuel. They can take it or leave it, I ain't a mug, after 13 years in this game you learn a lot and one thing is don't be too cheap!

:thumbup1:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah its a bit of a funny one as buying in seasoned split firewood and me taking away their tree wood would mean cheaper, ready to burn firewood for them. Maybe if I could split 4cm3 a day it would start to make financial sense for them... but yeah I take onboard that I still have to make a living plus bit of profit and maintenance fuel repair costs so thinking around the £200 mark?

£0.50/per mile travel also..... 20%/40% HMRC....

It's a non starter!

What im saying is the op,s wages plus £100 for repairs /petrol and depreciation costs...........your avatar is classic , he,a legend when you realise what he has done in his life:thumbup1:

i regularly hire out my wallenstein with two men for £540 a day thats £180x2 for the labour and £180 for the machine.For that providing the woods already diced they can get 26cube split. if they were to buy that amount of wood delivered from me it would cost between £2-3grand everyones happy. £60 aday !!! dont you mean an hour?