charge customer for day with petrol log splitter?

mattyboy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I will say is that it's a bit of a mission to transport, load and unload the machine, so make sure you have a low trailer with smooth ramps.

I went for the ls65 to save weight, and it's still not easy.

Cracking machine, mind. I'm well pleased with it.

I'd want £200 a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

What im saying is the op,s wages plus £100 for repairs /petrol and depreciation costs...........your avatar is classic , he,a legend when you realise what he has done in his life:thumbup1:

Thanks for the helpful comments.

Its just getting some confidence that the price I charge isnt me just making up a number and that it has a reasonable logic behind it.

It still sounds a bit expensive but think I will go with it

What im saying is the op,s wages plus £100 for repairs /petrol and depreciation costs...........your avatar is classic , he,a legend when you realise what he has done in his life:thumbup1:

Yes, yes, got it, agree! It could work if everyone hired in the £60/day bloke and lumped on a load of on costs! Sit back, read the paper, drink tea, earn money - winner!

Brian Blessed - legend! Serious, hardcore actor, but I like him best when he's acting the buffoon!

Wouldn't even cover your wages, or are you having a :laugh1:

it helps if i actually read the OP and not the title of the thread:lol:

£60 would be for use of splitter plus fuel, travel and labour of about £15 per hour so £200+ ish

Edited by Graham w
way past my bed time

Yup you've got to consider locality and length of job.

I'm £28 per hour with my wallenstein, one man, they provide the fuel, within 10miles of the house.

So roughly £224 per day depending on how keen or knackered I am on any given day (maybe slightly less may be more!)

I wouldn't bother buying an expensive machine if it's to be used only 4 days a year.

However, if your on the job all week.. That's a healthy £1120..

A few weeks of that you've paid off the machine and your making money.

I would maybe start off with a sub £1000 splitter and see how you get on ! 😄👍

Bravo!!

+1, but here's the bit I find hard to reconcile, there's a fairly common consensus built within this thread of £200-300 / day for splitting logss and yet the many "how much should I charge as a climber threads" seem to get a common consensus of £100-200?

There are a lot of climbers out there seriously undervaluing their skill set and equipment.....

+1, but here's the bit I find hard to reconcile, there's a fairly common consensus built within this thread of £200-300 / day for splitting logss and yet the many "how much should I charge as a climber threads" seem to get a common consensus of £100-200?

There are a lot of climbers out there seriously undervaluing their skill set and equipment.....

Yes I sort of agree but a freelance climber brings experience and some kit, he has no need for insurance as that's on mine, he hasn't been to price/ sort job or got to wait weeks to be paid. If the chipper/ splitter breaks it's on me not them.