261or362

Andy fellows

Hello Andy. Have ran all mentioned saws. If you're looking at 261 or 362 and plan to use 18", then the 362 would be best. We've had 18" 0.325 set on the 50cc and it does turn it, but it is noticeably slower than the 18" 3/8 set up on the 362. The 60cc saws seem a pretty good all round size when on 18".

By the way, have run a 362 once on a 24" set, and it was bit like using 18" on the 50cc. Don't know if Finland uses semi or full skip chains, if you can get this you could probably run 24" ok. What species out there where you are?

Cheers, John.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Andy. Have ran all mentioned saws. If you're looking at 261 or 362 and plan to use 18", then the 362 would be best. We've had 18" 0.325 set on the 50cc and it does turn it, but it is noticeably slower than the 18" 3/8 set up on the 362. The 60cc saws seem a pretty good all round size when on 18".

By the way, have run a 362 once on a 24" set, and it was bit like using 18" on the 50cc. Don't know if Finland uses semi or full skip chains, if you can get this you could probably run 24" ok. What species out there where you are?

Cheers, John.

Hi logan thanks for thr info, the 3 main type's of trees are birch, pine, spruce, then the rubbish alder, pop, as for the saw I think a 261 with a 16 inch will be fine because when working in the forests if its to big I can leave it, I don't do domestic

Hi,

Have you considered an 18" bar for your 250? it will pull it, not marvellously well but may be OK through the timber you mention.

I wouldn't buy a 261 or a 362 but would buy a 260 or a 361. However, Id like to think the 261 clutch bearing issue is sorted but consider it should be given a routine greasing.

So, that said, my choice would be a 461 running a 20" bar.

N

Cheers, John.

Same here. Solid nose bar too. Not for every day use but for the odd big butt it's fine. The oiler may struggle to keep up in big dead oak but on softwood I'd have thought OK?

I don't like the MS262. Far prefer MS250 and 036 to cover all bases. If you can only have one saw though....