Opinions on this job?

haforbes

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think there will be a shed load of quotes heading towards that tree job now after this .

Some bin lid will end up cutting it down for buttons.

Just remember...the travelling community have access to this forum too and will pull that over in one with a horse ....lol

Ste

Edited by IVECOKID

I am pretty local , and have worked in this industry for about 30 years , and from what I can tell from the picture , and I know the site , I agree with Matthew Storrs above and would be in a state of disbelief if a quote in excess of a grand was accepted for this job ! It actually looks a very nice job and site to work at ... good luck

My plan of attack would be to arrange with a friend of mine who's a farmer to come and collect the whole tree with a couple of tractors and trailers ( one with loader ). The timber is their payment for firewood, for which they need, all i have to do is get the county and winch there to put slight tension on the tree as felling it with a thick back hinge in a controlled manner, once the tree is down it is cross cut into 8' lenghs and loaded into the trailers, so my efforts will take me 2 hours max, the removal of the tree is their part. No fuss no bother and very little costs involved, my price £800. No need for chippers either as i said they will take the whole tree. All this is agreed with all parties before hand,

Not sure that approach is acceptable - straight fell onto parking and highway that is vunarable to damage and may contain services.

Not sure that approach is acceptable - straight fell onto parking and highway that is vunarable to damage and may contain services.

We've slapped some decent sized lombardies onto Tarmac before, but I totally agree.

I wouldn't do it with a beech, unless I did blacktopping as well....

(Fibre-optic repair was never my strong-suit either).

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Take note, young sir!!

Climbing a neighbor tree did make life easier, but with rigging, climbing, ringing and carrying out EACH PIECE by hand (tiny garden gate), and the boss got 1300 euro for it. I got considerably less than that, but anyway. Took me and one groundsman a day. We didnt rush, had a good steady pace

IMG-20141126-WA0001.jpg.9b5e7bbbeae447e78b105b5c40e9b17d.jpg

Take note, young sir!!

Climbing a neighbor tree did make life easier, but with rigging, climbing, ringing and carrying out EACH PIECE by hand (tiny garden gate), and the boss got 1300 euro for it. I got considerably less than that, but anyway. Took me and one groundsman a day. We didnt rush, had a good steady pace

I WOULD OF DONE THAT BY 12 OCLOCK .................:biggrin: on my own :001_tongue:

Ste