562 High to filter for 560 .

Stubby

Yeah but the air is drawn through the filter or pushed through by atmospheric pressure to be precise, the engine only pulls in so much volume.

Yes, I'm fully aware how it works, I modify them! Huskies also force air into the system, so the air is at a higher pressure than atmospheric! With a short window of duration on intake, increasing the intake-able volume of air will mean more can be drawn in per cycle, giving more power.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, I'm fully aware how it works, I modify them! Huskies also force air into the system, so the air is at a higher pressure than atmospheric! With a short window of duration on intake, increasing the intake-able volume of air will mean more can be drawn in per cycle, giving more power.

The main reason for air injection if thats what you mean was to remove the heavier particles before they got to the filter.

The main reason for air injection if thats what you mean was to remove the heavier particles before they got to the filter.

Yes, it was originally patented by jonsered in the 1980's, although it is called turbo on jonsered saws, as it does cause a forced air feed.

On Husqvarna it's called air injection because it FORCES centrifugally semi-filtered air into the air box.

If the larger 562 filter makes no difference then why did Husqvarna make it ? I have converted my 560 to high top filter and cover and I don't know if its physiological or not but it does seem to zip up a bit more ..... I do have a MM and possibly other work inside but cant be sure on that as Pete was secretive about it !

Air injection, turbo,active air filteration does not force air into the carb space and does not increase power, it only pre cleans the air before being drawn into the carb space by the carb.

I agree! If it did force air in the winter running flap that you open to draw warm air over the exhaust and cylinder simply wouldn't work, air would go the other way.

Up to 18" yes, as it has a higher rpm range, after that, torque take precedence on big bars.

Ian, I have ported my 560, but I have to wait until next Monday to get the 562 air filter, I'm also trying to sort out the muffler, as I can't weld, so a third party has to do it for me.

Mmm interesting, please report back on how she goes eddy!

ian

I agree! If it did force air in the winter running flap that you open to draw warm air over the exhaust and cylinder simply wouldn't work, air would go the other way.

Actually it does work, the air moving over the cylinder is at the same pressure, but then gets heated, which expands and creates a higher pressure. That's basic thermodynamics! If it didn't, it would cause a Venturi effect on the air box and draw air away from the cylinder.

Run a saw with the cover off, you'll feel the air being blown out of the tube, it's only slight, not like a turbo, but enough to feel!

Husky was based at Stonehouse but were pushed for space. First they farmed out the spares distribution to distri part at the flymo factory site. Then after a wordwide review of operations it was decided in England it was more efficient to have everything in one place so operations at Stonehouse were moved to the flymo factory. Construction are still at Stonehouse though.

this is incorrect. nothing to do with space but a decision to consolidate multiple sites in same countries into one single business unit.

The spares operation was moved for logistical reasons, reduce costs and to meet delivery targets.

Construction are not at stonehouse, this was closed years ago. its in gloucester.

this is incorrect. nothing to do with space but a decision to consolidate multiple sites in same countries into one single business unit.

The spares operation was moved for logistical reasons, reduce costs and to meet delivery targets.

Construction are not at stonehouse, this was closed years ago. its in gloucester.

The best part is he was correcting the guy from husky on the history of the company he (adw) has worked for probably longer than ady's been fixing machinery ;)