The Burning Issue - Truck MPG becoming a major headache...

TimberCutterDartmoor

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my 2001 transit if i don't go over 55mph will return 34.6mpg since the injector pump went wrong and cost 1200 pound to put right at fords befor that it was about 22-25mpg so even thought the 1200 pound 2 years ago was ouch at the time has paid for it self over know idea what they done to it but the mpg now is unreal well i think so all i run about is the transit or the daily 90% of the time I'm in the transit

• 3 weeks later...
Is there a solution?

I've considered leaving the pickup at the yard for log deliveries and having a small efficient vehicle for commuting to harvesting sites.

That means though extra trips to swap vehicles where neccessary.

You need a 60mpg small diesel van to get there (100 mile round commutes per day) but then a 4 wheel drive when you get there.

L200 currently averaging 25 mpg and sick of watching the fuel gauge never stop moving; just throwing money away.

Higher mpg 4x4s exist but no butt to position under the processor elavator. Sick of trailers; reversing them up drives from hell.

So, high mpg tool carrier AND pickup for logs (cabstar no good - need 4wd) or just the best mpg pickup there is?

Thinking Ford Ranger Supercab of Hilux Extracab?

:thumbup:

Same boat john,

Have my hilux, currently felling in Somerset ATM so need 4x4 and just bought a kangoo as a runaround, service van quoting van etc surprisingly good off-road !

No idea really if the hilux towed over 3 tonne I would have one. The dmax has to be high on the list due to towing ability. I may look at a new ranger but I did say I would never buy another ford while I had a hole in my butt :biggrin:. For now it's a mint 2011 Vito and a mega reliable faithful amazon.

Found the answer to your prayers Steve:

Cheshire Contracting 4x4 And Commercials