Does being a good climber mean he's a good tree worker??

john@arbtech

Good tree workers?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Good tree workers?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another utterly pointless thread!

If you want pointless mate, check out my thread "poll poll" a response to the almost incessant ammount of new members who want to be told which saw to buy:bored: and the constant squabbling over whether someone is a pikey or not. Derailment over.:001_smile:

being fast climber that is fit doesn't mean you are a good arborist.

I know tree worker that know there technical stuff when they talk ...but can't struggle to do basic tree removals. I know tree tree climbers who are trying to become consultants but don't know which branches to prune when doing basic height reductions.

To me the best type of tree worker/climber is someone who is methodical. someone that is relaxed and works skillfully to make a job go faster and safer.

Its very eay to get up a tree and bomb it all down..but theres no skill in that.

Also a lot of guys want to jump to the top of the game ..but you have to put your time in to make big removals look easy and develop a good eye for ornamental pruning either on small garden trees or large trees.

Does been a good climber make you a good tree worker..I don't think so.

Er... your original post was a reasonable question about whether a climber can be assessed purely on speed.

What seems to have happened (much like some of your other posts) is that the responses recieved didn't fulfil your underlying agenda - which in this and other cases seems to be knocking groups of people who you dont like. Resorting to insulting people who don't agree with you does your already weak arguements no favours.

Basically, from your posts we can assume that you have a problem with consultants, climbers and the Arb Association.

What's the next poll going to be? :D

I think you have summed the situation up most succinctly Tony!!!!:001_cool:

Where I would take issue is where you say that the initial thread question was reasonable, in fact it makes no sense :confused1:

The question is "Does being a good climber mean he's a good tree worker?"

Well is a climber a tree worker?? if he isn't then what is he??:confused1:

So if a climber is a tree worker, and he is a "good climber" then surely by definition he MUST be a "good tree worker"!!!!

So if a climber is a tree worker, and he is a "good climber" then surely by definition he MUST be a "good tree worker"!!!!

Far from it in my opinion. I'm a rubbish climber in comparison to some, yeah i can get out there just about as far as anyone else, i'm just not quick or that gracefull, but i get the job done in good time to a good standard and everybody is happy including my groundcrew.

I think Martyn1's post sums it up well.

Far from it in my opinion. I'm a rubbish climber in comparison to some, yeah i can get out there just about as far as anyone else, i'm just not quick or that gracefull, but i get the job done in good time to a good standard and everybody is happy including my groundcrew.

I think Martyn1's post sums it up well.

:confused1:

OK so you are saying a "good climber" is NOT a tree worker.

In that case what the hell is he?????????????:confused1: