• Stihl
    • Husqvarna

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i have smaller huskys but prefer the bigger stihls >75cc i have an 084 and prefer how it feels to the 3120 but its the other way around with the smaller saws cant stand the smaller stihls, so in answer to your question i like both but if i had to choose one saw only it would be my husky 372xp

To be honest, i have both, 262, 357,346 in husqy and 011, 034, ms200t, ms660.... I love the 357, less vibration, faster pick up on revs, nice balance and has been the most reliable....prefer using a 395xp over my 660 but the 660 isnt too bad now i have sorted the oil problem and lack of chain tensioniong. The ms200t is the only saw i'd use in a tree, had one of the old box like 020's before that. The 034 and 357 are both from 2002, and the 357 is in a different class seems more powerful (even though both 56.5cc) the chain tensioner on the husqy is on the side rather than the knuckle scraping 034 and the 034 is heavier and vibrates more...I know the ms series are different but im still a die hard Husky man where chainsaws are concerned. The air injection system on the husqys and the anti vibration is why i buy them.

Sthil for me.

The development of the products of both brands really come down to Geography and the types of cutting encountered at each location.

Husky=Scaninavia.Mostly smaller softwood trees with many small branches,a light high reving saw is an advantage.The high ammount of limbing on a Spruce compared to the three main cuts needed to fell it mean that the saw used is light and "revy"

Sthil=Baden Wurtemburg (Black Forest Region) Larger Hardwood trees with fewer limbs.The saw needs to have alot of Tourqe,the main cuts to fell the tree consitute alot of the processing cuts.

In the Area's of thew world that I have worked in that held Big Trees,Sthils were the dominant brand.Brittish Collumbia,Alaska,New Zealand,Norway,Southern Germany.

The above is based on opinion,and my personal experiance.

oh and i dont like the huskys start/stop switch or choke thingys, stihls one is a real neat design

supprised to read that as the switch on stihls is pants imo even turns off

the hard way UP

surely down with your thumb makes a lot more sense

supprised to read that as the switch on stihls is pants imo even turns off

the hard way UP

surely down with your thumb makes a lot more sense

depends what youre used to i guess, then agian, the light switches and eletrical switches at home all flick up to turn off

i like the fact that its the on/off, choke, and half throttle is all on one switch, simpler imo

Both, I run a 357, 575 , 441 IMO stihl curently have the edge but I consider things on a saw by saw basis based on power, weight and balance in use as oposed to brand.

BTW, the 441 is shoulders above the 575, a tad less tourq but a farr more nimble saw