What would you charge.

Gray git

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mushrooms £15 each normally get £20-25 for that size.

Chair £300, last 1 I did for a customer was £475

Benches £75 each. Normally 175 -250 but normally with slightly nicer legs and out of oak but still take around the same time.

I'm happy with what I have made out of it just ranting about her attitude that they should have got more or that as I'm a parent or that my wife secured the grant which was for more than my part.... I don't know maybe I'm just being over sensitive about this as I care what people think of my work and take pride in it

I'd say that's about 35% off what you could/should have charged, so an excellent discount under the circumstances.

We're doing a similar job at present for a community group that is part funded and our quote, that the committee is happy with, is about 20% higher! :001_smile:

Nice looking setup BTW. :thumbup:

I'd say that's about 35% off what you could/should have charged, so an excellent discount under the circumstances.

We're doing a similar job at present for a community group that is part funded and our quote, that the committee is happy with, is about 20% higher! :001_smile:

Nice looking setup BTW. :thumbup:

First-

Very nice work. Exceptional at that price. Have a look at prices for Forest School gear. I am a forest school leader, and devote hours if my time free to the kids- its the kids that matter. I make them all sorts- for nothing, because to see their eyes light up is amazing. You did good.

Second, as a former school governor, and chair of governors at an infant school- take it from me, the politics run deep.

The bitchy comments, unhelpful suggestions, back stabbing- its unbelievable.

And for the record- all of my teachers were exceptionally hardworking- at school at 7 am, dont leave until 5.30pm- and teachers are expected to be in school during school holidays. The stress they are under, how youngsters of 20 can put themselves through it is beyond me.

Plus, unless you are leadership, the money is pants.

But- the issue here is that your wife is on the PTA, and you have been paid to do the business.

Its great work.

The kids will love it.

Ignore and move on.

First-

Very nice work. Exceptional at that price. Have a look at prices for Forest School gear. I am a forest school leader, and devote hours if my time free to the kids- its the kids that matter. I make them all sorts- for nothing, because to see their eyes light up is amazing. You did good.

Second, as a former school governor, and chair of governors at an infant school- take it from me, the politics run deep.

The bitchy comments, unhelpful suggestions, back stabbing- its unbelievable.

And for the record- all of my teachers were exceptionally hardworking- at school at 7 am, dont leave until 5.30pm- and teachers are expected to be in school during school holidays. The stress they are under, how youngsters of 20 can put themselves through it is beyond me.

Plus, unless you are leadership, the money is pants.

But- the issue here is that your wife is on the PTA, and you have been paid to do the business.

Its great work.

The kids will love it.

Ignore and move on.

Couldn't agree more. My wife is a primary school teacher. I hardly ever see her as she's working all the time (gets home at 6-30 then works until midnight/1am) every weekday then spends all weekend planning.

The politics and bitchiness I hear about are enough to drive you mad!

That's good (hard) and skilful work.

Time, materiel, equipment, tools, ability, consumables, delivery & installation....

I did a mental calc before looking through the thread at suggested prices and actual prices...

Mate, the only reason your conscience should be troubling you is for not putting fair pennies for fair work in your kids bank account to look after them and your family.

The only person having sleepless nights should be the one who would quibble over the prices you've indicated - and frankly, I'm pretty stunned by the low indicative values other posters have suggested. No offence to those guys but I don't see how you can cover costs / time / kit and get anywhere near min wage with a suggestion of 8-900 quid.

Alright, it's not a fair comparison, but I saw this rubbish for sale on South Bank in London earlier this year. I kid you not, price range £400-£1000 per piece!

If they cannot see the value and worth of the service you've provided they should not be educating children because they have head up RRRRRR.

IMG_1630.jpg.f614d2b470ec224e80f313af0025af6d.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg.658a969f338e3a19b77bc8debade786b.jpg

IMG_1623.jpg.85d6bdbc8456292b0aa688bd81ad1bb8.jpg

You've done a neat and tidy job there - ignore the comments and rest your conscience... doing this stuff knackers your body...

What is a fair price? - personally I feel it is the price you are happy to work at. Some will find it high, some will find it fine, some will think it cheap.

IMO you've done a discounted job here - and as seems to happen more often than not you get grief for it.

I now just charge the same price to everyone for woodwork/milling no matter if they are a charity, a school, someone with a few quid - the price is the same across the board. It makes things a lot easier!

:001_smile:

Alright, it's not a fair comparison, but I saw this rubbish for sale on South Bank in London earlier this year. I kid you not, price range £400-£1000 per piece!

What's wrong with these pieces? Look fine to me - and why not charge £400 - £1000 a piece? Good for them if they can get it. Prob have to include delivery + vat etc.

What's wrong with these pieces? Look fine to me - and why not charge £400 - £1000 a piece? Good for them if they can get it. Prob have to include delivery + vat etc.

Not saying there's anything "wrong" with them, but if you take these example prices/pieces and cross match to GG's pieces you'd be well above the 8-900 squid people were suggesting as fair. Of course it's all about the market, S Bank business rates, customer wealth etc, but, and maybe it's not visible from the pics I used, they were pretty basic components coach bolted together. Not too challenging, there was no indication on the ticket price that delivery was inc, so can't comment with accuracy one way or the other. Educated guess, free delivery.... I rather doubt it! I did wonder if the manufacturer of those pieces on S Bank might recognise / comment - are they yours Rob? No offence intended if so! Sell at the price the market will bear.