tax discs and new law

hedgesparrow

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never understood why we have the system in the modern era at all. It has nothing to do with the condition of the vehicle, whether the vehicle's insured or the legitimacy of the person driving the vehicle. It generates a whole bureaucracy to run it and a minor industry in forgeries.

If the government want to be paid for the pleasure of putting a vehicle on the road slap a penny on fuel: that would raise more revenue (I guess), save the bureaucracy and drivers would pay only for what they use.

I think we should have discs for

Road tax

Mot

Insurance

Then you can track down vehicles, and check on dodgy stuff more easily

:confused1:Have you guys never taxed a car?????????????????:confused1:

You need MOT and proof of insurance in order to get road tax :001_rolleyes:

:confused1:Have you guys never taxed a car?????????????????:confused1:

You need MOT and proof of insurance in order to get road tax :001_rolleyes:

But if the car's been badly damaged since the MOT was issued you can still get the tax disc. If the insurance expires before the tax expires the tax is still valid.

That's why I said the RFL (Road Fund Licence) has nothing to do with the condition of the vehicle or the insurance status.

thats the good bit they brought it in but forgot to publicise it to much so the poor motorist driving down the road will get pulled over for not having a tax disc and given a £100 spot fine for not doing it electronic when he or she bought the vehicle. and as for part month. the dvla give you a part month back what the country made of money.:biggrin: i had not though of that bit thats a good scam tax the other motorist and keep the part month the old motorist paid for nice one DVLA worked that one out in your favour

talk about rip this country off big time for there mess.

good news this money is going to tarmac J9 to J14 of the M3 because it makes to much noise so going to use silent tarmac:confused1::biggrin::laugh1:

thats the good bit they brought it in but forgot to publicise it to much so the poor motorist driving down the road will get pulled over for not having a tax disc and given a £100 spot fine for not doing it electronic when he or she bought the vehicle. and as for part month. the dvla give you a part month back what the country made of money.:biggrin: i had not though of that bit thats a good scam tax the other motorist and keep the part month the old motorist paid for nice one DVLA worked that one out in your favour

talk about rip this country off big time for there mess.

good news this money is going to tarmac J9 to J14 of the M3 because it makes to much noise so going to use silent tarmac:confused1::biggrin::laugh1:

If you are going to forget to tax the car what else are you going to forget about. If you cant remember to tax our car, get the bus. They don't publicise the MOT requirement but I still manage to remember the date of mine.

I have in the past bought many cars that didn't have a tax disc, I never forgot to tax any of them.

Its unlikely you will get "pulled", they don't need to do that, they have ANPR for that.

You don't - those with access to the Police National Computer do.

I'd always go for simple

Tax, mot and insurance on the windscreen

No technology/ databases in the way

Simples .....

I'm not anti technology

Just want APPROPRIATE TECHNOLOGY

The scallies are good at technology

If you enter chassis number on a database they will renter it and replace zeros with letter o's --- guess what never matches on searches

Where I live a load of small blue 'camera's have appeared at major round about's on lamp posts, i'm sure their ANPR cameras, anyone else seen them?

Some of them have 'anti climb' spikes on the posts underneath them and they appear to have two lenses looking at the front of the vehicle.

Their on the junctions around Alton Towers on the A50.

You don't even need an mot or insurance anymore to tax a vehicle

Taxed my bike a couple of months back at the post office and asked what he needed the day before and was told just the documents or reminder, I said do you just check mot and insurance through computer and he said no don't bother anymore if you tax it and it isn't insured they can tell from the computer and will just come and nick you when you use it

Seems to be the same online now as well, taxed wife's car a few days ago and the new tax website didn't have the pause for checking insurance and mot like the last one did.

All you have to do now to check if something has tax or mot is check it online using the reg number and make

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App