Morality? Conscience? Opinion? Just refused to quote for work as follows:

TimberCutterDartmoor

I got asked to tender for some tree maintenance work for the Devon & Cornwall Constabulary. Interested, I requested a meeting to discuss the requirements. Job was removal and trimming of veg obscuring Gatso Speed Cameras! Thanks but no thanks I said, end of story. What d'ya reckon eh?!

:thumbdown: ?

You could have taken the job, taken the money and spraypainted the lenses but as a responsible citizen I couldn't possibly sanction such behaviour.

:sneaky2:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You could have taken the work, and cut back the vegetation obscuring the cameras so that drivers could see them more easily.

You know what, I'll go back and take a photo of the one I was shown; precisely - they wanted the veg in the cameras view removed, not the veg at the back of it...:mad1:

i haven't got too much of a problem with speed cameras - mainly because i have gone through 3 or 4 speeding and haven't been caught.

that was a few years ago - im more careful now, plus my satnav moo's at me when approaching a camera :D

i haven't got too much of a problem with speed cameras - mainly because i have gone through 3 or 4 speeding and haven't been caught.

that was a few years ago - im more careful now, plus my satnav moo's at me when approaching a camera :D

i dont have sat nav the wife just yells @ me :scared1: shes an instructer you know :ohmy:

What I can't get my head round is how do cameras promote stealth tax ??

You speed you pay, simples :001_smile:

IMO stopping people speeding stops innocent people being killed, it's always the innocent person coming the other way that cops for it.

People always whinge about how they got done for speeding and how it is so wrong for cops to be hidden or cameras to be hidden, they only think of themselves not other road users or pedestrians. :001_smile:

...and yes, I've sped, if I get caught the last thing I'll blame is the speed camera :confused1:

Speed cams do not promote road safety, they make people brake harder near them and don't take into account non insured drivers, drunks, drug drivers etc etc, have more coppers on the roads, they can tell the differance between a pissed driver and someone going 5mph over the limit.