Over-populated planet?

armybloke

chuck all the robbin drug using scetbags in one big council estate then napalm the lot.

Job done.

Sorry Ic I can't agree with this as napalm was banned as a method of doing away with people, you'd have to use a more humane method of disposing of them like say electrocution.....

I read something a few years ago that the human race had exceeded critical mass therefore one child per person would still cause the population to grow! So the problem is not one for the future but now but no one wants to admit it!

It would stabilise quickly, influenced only by a rising life expectancy. One child per person (or two per couple) is simply one child to replace the person in question. One child per couple would lead to a drastic reduction in population, hence I agree with China's policy.

It's an unpalatable truth that nature's population control is practised (and needs to be practised by way of starvation in the human population. This is why the argument for GM crops 'to feed the world' doesn't stack up. You're simply delaying the inevitable. Better that a few million suffer starvation now rather than a hundred million of their descendants. It also raises the quality of life for the rest of the population.

We're always told that we 'will need to feed x million more people by 20YY'.

No we won't. Nature makes the rules, we can only bend them so far.

Yes, excellent book with some very interesting stuff. Fiction I know but with a worrying truth behind it.

Excellent twist to the ending with the ultimate solution without giving anything away.

Don't mention the ending! I haven't finished it yet. It's been laying (pretty much cast aside) under the bed for > 12 months. I just couldn't get 'into' it!

Sorry Ic I can't agree with this as napalm was banned as a method of doing away with people, you'd have to use a more humane method of disposing of them like say electrocution.....

Sorry my git, im so behind times :rolleyes:

What? I finish it in 3days, couldn't put it down.

I'm the same Mathew, it's a subject that fascinates but scares me in equal measure, what world will our children grow old in and if not them than there children will experience grate change of some form I'm sure!