Echo CS360 TES top handled saw

wicklamulla

• 1 month later...

Noticed a rattle coming from the exhaust on my new'ish Echo so i thought this is gonna take a while to remove (going on past experience with my MS200T) but i had the side cover off and exhaust removed in about 2 minutes, very easy to take apart. The exhaust has a circular internal baffle which looks about the size/shape of a sore throat lozenge ! It looks to be pressed into place (is this called an interference fit ?) and has come loose hence the rattle. Oil take it into the dealer later and ask them to order a new one on warranty.

On another note i do find the chain can come off the bar quite easy when compared to an MS200T, this always results in the drive sprocket damaging the chain drive teeth which means i gotta spend ages filing them flat again. Due to this i carry 3 chains (just in case) and simply fit a replacement and file the damaged chain at home on the bench. If your topping a hedge (conifer etc) it seems to happen all too easily so you have to run the chain tight and be extra careful. It has snapped the nylon chain catcher as a result and one is on order. One of the replacement chains they sold me was very aggressive straight out of the box and would cause the saw to buck around alot and snag in the cut. Udder than that this is an amazing saw and i really loike it. Would i buy anudder one if i needed to next week ? YES.

• 2 weeks later...

Used mine today for the first.

All i can say is im well impressed dont think id consider the other brands especially when you look at the price difference.

But ignoring the price it works really well, seems really well balanced in use. haven't put it through any thing big yet so cant say much about power but i love it. easy to start as well. time will tell now

Used mine today for the first.

All i can say is im well impressed dont think id consider the other brands especially when you look at the price difference.

But ignoring the price it works really well, seems really well balanced in use. haven't put it through any thing big yet so cant say much about power but i love it. easy to start as well. time will tell now

It will improve a lot with use, they take a bit of time to bed in & loosen up.:thumbup:

well i'll be selling my husky i have decided to buy a second echo. i think they are truly the nuts. Had her slicing 13" dead, hard oak didn't struggle. and it starts with such ease.

Its also really nimble and so comfy and comfier two handed than the husky to i tend to use it two handed more

One of the replacement chains they sold me was very aggressive straight out of the box and would cause the saw to buck around alot and snag in the cut.

Could that bucking chain be a 91vxl by any chance? They have log top plates and just do not cut smoothly.

Another vote for the Echo here, climber who works for me brought one at the APF to replace his aged ms200t. We are both well impressed with this saws capabilities, easily blocking down an Ash yesterday which was the full 14" across. It also handles very nicely. Would definiately buy another Echo top handle over the other 2 main offerings.