How are people finding their new Isuzu D-Max?

Andrew Barrett

Hi MIKE I WAS TOLD today the Toyota pick still best out by someone in the no thanks Jon

Weights the problem though jon I'm on the limit a lot with the rodeo so as good as the toyota is its not for us.

Plus locally every idiot seems to have an invincible and thinks there coolest thing since sliced bread. Tits

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weights the problem though jon I'm on the limit a lot with the rodeo so as good as the toyota is its not for us.

Plus locally every idiot seems to have an invincible and thinks there coolest thing since sliced bread. Tits

Hi mike I will have to try one then mate a Toyota thanks Jon

That's quite worrying that you feel the need to use low box when reversing. I've got an older 3 l rodeo and it's the exact opposite. Put it in reverse and tickle the pedal and it all push 5 cube up a steep bank with ease. Looks like I'll be sticking with my truck for another 12 months. Hopefully they will have another 3l model out by then:001_smile:

First is much like first ie a bit high. If you have lots of space a very skilled backer and want to go fast it will be fine but if wanting to take it easy into tight space you want go slower. Options slip the clutch in high or low ratio with the diff issues. Plenty of power it's just the delivery that's tricky.

So no good for farmers or keepers then ?

Not sure but if I was looking to buy one I would ask the dealer theses questions. One of the symptoms of dpf problems is poor fuel consumption. I am sure the rodeo is a good strong work truck and reliable but most of the time I use mine as a car and often doing 450 motorway miles a day. The Rodeo is ok but the Amorok is getting near to luxury 4x4 comfort. The hilux is ok but bit noisey on the engine unless you like the transit growl when pushed hard which I don't mind it is a truck after all.

I could have changed my vehicle 7 years ago but so far nothing has enticed me out of my old LC amazon. The new v8 lc is not great for the money and far too electronic for a work vehicle. I like straight 4 or 6 cyl engines v8'stuff too complicated too much emmission control and no room to work on them.

Hi MIKE I WAS TOLD today the Toyota pick still best out by someone in the no thanks Jon

Jon your post is quite amusing :001_rolleyes:

All i can say is i don't have the money ferra new (or even and older) pick up as i'm poor and will be sticking with my 15 year old Isuzu 3.1 pickup as it's prolly doing 22-24mpg and has no electronics, CAT, Air Con, DPF, Dual Mass Fly wheel, coded injectors etc etc and i can shunt a heavy load of logs in me trailer up a steep hill in Low range with the front axle taken out of the equation by rotating the manual free wheeling hubs to the 4x2 position (this is gr8 as i get no transmission wind up or heavy steering). I'd love a new D-MAX but i'd hafta fiddle about with the electrics on the front axle and find a way of running '2L' like my old gurl.

All i can say is i don't have the money ferra new (or even and older) pick up as i'm poor and will be sticking with my 15 year old Isuzu 3.1 pickup as it's prolly doing 22-24mpg and has no electronics, CAT, Air Con, DPF, Dual Mass Fly wheel, coded injectors etc etc and i can shunt a heavy load of logs in me trailer up a steep hill in Low range with the front axle taken out of the equation by rotating the manual free wheeling hubs to the 4x2 position (this is gr8 as i get no transmission wind up or heavy steering). I'd love a new D-MAX but i'd hafta fiddle about with the electrics on the front axle and find a way of running '2L' like my old gurl.

A case of why fix what aint broke :biggrin:

Hi WICK SORRY I WAS THINKING MEMBERS WERE ON ABOUT THE D MAX 😩😩😩they are not for me thanks Jon