Driver CPC

Alycidon

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on what vehicle you are driving

If its bigger than 3500kg (transit, cabstar etc) then yes.

Just carry a fork and a rake and silky saw that's us equipped !

Seriously I agree with you it's applicable to HGV s also I see from early 2015 the speed limits to rise to 50mph on single carriageways for HGVs about time!

Go to VOSA website

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app

There isn't a VOSA website any more, it's merged with VSA To become DVSA but the information you need is HERE

https://www.gov.uk/driver-cpc-exemptions-examples

Once again

If your vehicle is under 3500kg you don't need it.

If you don't drive for a living you don't need it.

Oh well, guess you will have to come up with your own search terms then:laugh1:

There is an easy way around it, though a bit cumbersome: Search in google for " "Driver CPC" Arbtalk " as Google's mighty searchbots don't mind a three letter search term.

This however is beside the point I was (in a very roundabout sort of way) trying to make: Replying simply with "search for it, plenty of threads on the forum already" doesn't always work...

its very entertaining reading these posts your doomed if they catch you without cpc and dig yourself an hole trying to explain at the side of the road why you dont require one time wasted etc all vosa/police will be focused on next 6 month will be cpc cards as it will bring in a lot of ££££££ for them. Vosa//police will be well trained up for the big push in September to take your moneys and keys from so called i dont need one drivers etc >>> so if you have your card you can pass go and press on with your job instead of proving you dont need one stood at the side of a load of logs/arbwaste on your truck that you have just been paid for removel etc very very rocky ground your treading its still hire/reward so its upto you ??? >>> better than waiting at the side of the road in the bad weather wasting time mens wages trying to find someone to replace you to drive your truck back etc

If you don't drive for a living you don't need it.

I wouldn't say a farmer drove for a living yet example from the website says.........

Driver E is a farmer. On an average of once a month, they transport some of their livestock to a local cattle market for auction. They need to have Driver*CPC*when doing this, as they’re not carrying materials or equipment for their use in the course of their work –they’re carrying cattle intended for sale.'

Confusing huh?

Dave

There is an easy way around it, though a bit cumbersome: Search in google for " "Driver CPC" Arbtalk " as Google's mighty searchbots don't mind a three letter search term.

This however is beside the point I was (in a very roundabout sort of way) trying to make: Replying simply with "search for it, plenty of threads on the forum already" doesn't always work...

I get that but the point I wa making is that this didn't just fall out of the woodwork and searching first would be a good idea