New timberwolf 150

jack88

Trouble is...we could need another chipper within a week due to a contract...pressure is on with what to get and timescales...It seems like we're the only ones that don't have time to wait for the show...???

Can you not hire one for now?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I forget the legislation, but is it not the case that a 750KG trailer does not count as part of your train weight, so no need for Taco, but pull a trailer over 750KG and you do??

Or am I wrong??

I've had this discussion before...its if your main job is driving...ie employed only as a driver. Because we only as a trade drive to a job...then do "our" job (as in tree work) its void.

I'd also have thought that you could strike up a deal with a dealer whereby they discount the hire rates off the purchase price if you agree to buy within a set period. No good if you end up buying a different make but at least it would help you with your decision.

Very good point!

I can't help but think this is only such a hot topic as some of us don't have B+E. Surely if you have the funds to buy new chippers you can spare £500 a head to put some guys through B+E then choose from all the chippers including the heavier ones which out shine these sub 750s in every way?

I can't help but think this is only such a hot topic as some of us don't have B+E. Surely if you have the funds to buy new chippers you can spare £500 a head to put some guys through B+E then choose from all the chippers including the heavier ones which out shine these sub 750s in every way?

But a heavier chipper means some vehicles like transits would have trouble towing a heavier chipper and a load of chip wouldn't they? I have A full licence but wouldn't want something like a tracked bandit behind my Landy.