Need new boots RIP Airstreams

Arran Turner

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone seen the Meindl Timbercats for sale in the UK yet? Gusharts were promising them but they never materialised to me knowledge.

They look like a cool boot, Airstreams with retractable studs.

apart from the colour , good boot if your doing forestry http://www.grube.de/meindl-airstream-timber-cat-boots-93-708-38-variation.html

Hi arron I had air streams and then went to haix I've had to pairs of protector extremes which I've found to be very comfortable lighter and warmer than the air streams also had 18 months out of both pairs great boot

Sounds good. I am well divided on what to buy now, will have to work it out soon before the boots fall off my feet haha. Hiax sound good but I know what the Airstreams are all about. Might have an issue buying the right hiax in NZ

My haix foresters have been my favourite boot so far, however I'm only 7 months in on this pair, so I can't rate them on lifespan yet. The suede has worn down to leather on the lower boot, but they are still super comfy and waterproof. Plus the colour rocks :)

• 3 months later...

I've had 3 pair of Airstreams and get 2 years at least out of a pair. The current pair are only used for spike work as I have a really nice pair of AKU's for pruning works.

I am thinking of giving these a try next, heard good things about them...

https://honeybros.com/Item/Cervino_Wood_Chainsaw_Boots

What a thread, pmsl. Ive never seen anything like in my life. I love the way you've gone back to what you know best, which is not a bad thing.

I've had 2 pairs of Haix Trekker and found they slip off your heal a little, otherwise they're not bad ground boots but a bit heavy and chunky for climbing.

Can't fault my AirStream other than essentially they're a walking boot with chainsaw protection. In my opinion they're perfect for climbing but I don't think they're tough enough for ground work.

I'm puzzle as to why no one suggested PFanner boots, they look rock solid a bit like my Asolo powermatics!