Random Acts of Kindness

Gardenmac

This might sound strange to some but does anybody else try to do at least one good deed a day for somebody else.:thumbup:

This week I drove past a guy trying to cut a privet hedge in the pouring rain, he was standing on a small metal step, using an electric trimmer run on at least three extension leads all with no circuit braker. I initially drove past but had a spare half hour before next job. So I turned round parked up explained to him that I wasn't a nutter and that I try to do good deed etc. Got the Kombi hedge trimmer out. Job done in 20 minutes. :thumbup:

Yesterday young woman standing on litter bin trying to prune dead branches overhanging her hedge with hand secateur. Same again drove past initially then turned around. Explained the good deed bit n for the pole pruner out job done.

I've been doing similar for a while and must admit its a joy to help someone out, people are shocked that a stranger would help them but they are so grateful it's great.

For me it's not always about making money, rather treating others as you'd like to be treated yourself.:001_smile:

HI MAC good on you mate for helping out others mate well done mate jon :thumbup:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not work related but I was out on a night out about a month ago, it was about 3am and I was heading to the taxi rank. I passed a young-ish, probably between 18 & 22 year old girl sat on her lonesome on the ground looking rather upset. I knew she wasn't homeless by the way she was dressed. I approached her and asked if she was okay etc and she was hesitant/worried I was going to do something to her! Long story short, she told me the name of the hotel she was staying at but was about 25 min walk away, through the town full of drunks. I told her not to worry and kept her calm etc. I walked her to the taxi rank and told the taxi driver to divert and drop her off at the hotel and I would be happy to pay. I had no idea who she was, and will probably never see her again, but I just couldn't live with the thought of something happening to her :( Would have been terrible.

this forums full of good people like yourself and i as stated in past posts i help all i can as i've got a coach load of pensioners living around me that why i,am always mauling with lawnmowers to rig up and keep there lawns and hedges tiptop all i take is a cup of tea or maybe a bag of sweets and a natter bless'em there all around 70/80's ish and grateful for my help oh forgot had to fit a new ign switch to a mobility scooter last week too lol and repaired next doors rear brakes & wheel bearings on their renault modus earn myself a bottle of white wine and a lovely text message to say thank you as i had to run her kids to school aswell i will help all i can etc

Nice one. I'm a big believer in karma, both ways. :thumbup1:

i once broke down well ran out of fuel chap came along whats up no fuel out came a can filled car up. what do i owe you nothing just do something for someone who is need of help. so if i can i help got many a moris minor going with a nail file. if i can will help pulled a few stuck in snow. and joined the 4x4 responce group in case needed was on standby for the last floods.

did need help in somerset but no snorkal so not much good. should be fitted this summer.

Driving home from work and there was a women sat on the side of the road and she looked in some distress. I drove on but decided to turn round and ask if she needed help. I then found out the reason she was in distress was she was incredibly unfit and had got out of breath walking up the hill and was waiting for a friend to come and pick her up:001_rolleyes:

Driving home from work and there was a women sat on the side of the road and she looked in some distress. I drove on but decided to turn round and ask if she needed help. I then found out the reason she was in distress was she was incredibly unfit and had got out of breath walking up the hill and was waiting for a friend to come and pick her up:001_rolleyes:

At least you went back and checked. :001_smile: