Fumes and nausea

Stephen Blair

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can aspen separate like pump fuel and 2t oil can if stood undisturbed for a while?

As far as I'm aware, that is not the case with Aspen. It is stable for five years from time of manufacture. But how many people keep their fuel for that long one wonders.

Remember you will still get dangerous carbon monoxide from aspen, its not like you can use your saws indoors! It could be the CO thats making you feel sick, its one of the symptoms.

This.

Just because traditional 2 stroke fumes smell doesn't mean they are more likely to smother you!

called in today and saw mr garden kit today and bought some aspen to use in the new dolmars and looked at some lovely new shiny machinery :thumbup::thumbup:

thanks barry nice to meet you

Cheers Shavey.

It was a pleasure to meet you, and to find that we have met before in my Terravac days.

Be sure to post your experience of Aspen.

Barrie

£23 quid, and no getting rid of empty. Hmmm...

Can aspen separate like pump fuel and 2t oil can if stood undisturbed for a while?

sent while pretending to do something important on my mobile.

Aspen fuel will keep mixed for 5 years before it starts to change.

What do you do with the 200 litre empty drum?

As I have said before we are looking into 20/25 litre metal drums for the UK market.

I will keep you all posted.

Eddie

Just leave them at the side of a road and scrap lads will nick em or as I did last time I had a few sell em for a £5 to horsey girls to jump over.

sent while pretending to do something important on my mobile.

Aspen fuel will keep mixed for 5 years before it starts to change.

What do you do with the 200 litre empty drum?

As I have said before we are looking into 20/25 litre metal drums for the UK market.

I will keep you all posted.

Eddie

A 20 or 25 litre drum would be good for me if it's cheaper. We only use relatively small quantities of petrol.

How should petrol be stored? I currently just pop my Husky combi can in the garage, on the concrete floor, that holds a maximum of 5 litres. Ideally I'd rather store it in a shed but unsure about fumes, fire risk??

Cheers, Steve