How do you secure your stuff

Triassic

Double doors with alarm vibration sensors on both. If the first one is breached, the GPRS linked alarm is calling for backup. I can be there in 30 seconds with the shotgun so you better be quick getting through that second steel door.

That's the way to go.

Defence in layers needs............

An easy outer zone with a silent alarm

A well protected inner zone

A short response time

Somewhere to get rid of the body.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like dogs and I wouldn't put one between a scrote and what he wants to steal.

There is a brand of thief that will think nothing of poisoning or drugging your dog

I knew a guy working on a construction site in Liverpool, they came in one morning and all the rottweilers which had been employed as security were in holes, covered with ply. Not harmed atall, and nothing had been nicked, it was more just making a point.

Saying that, big rottweilers that hate strangers will ward off many a thief...

I like dogs and I wouldn't put one between a scrote and what he wants to steal.

There is a brand of thief that will think nothing of poisoning or drugging your dog

I knew a guy working on a construction site in Liverpool, they came in one morning and all the rottweilers which had been employed as security were in holes, covered with ply. Not harmed atall, and nothing had been nicked, it was more just making a point.

Saying that, big rottweilers that hate strangers will ward off many a thief...

Of cause dogs are not a guarantee, but IME security is about making you place harder and more difficult than the next place down the road, I have found dogs really work for this.

I'm not talking about a lock up miles from anywhere with dogs patrolling (I personally would not want an uninhabited (by people) yard) I'm talking about dogs in my garden and yard, next to my home.

Reading the 'scroats on the prowl' thread got me thinking about security and wondered what you do to secure your kit at night or when you are away from the yard. Hitch locks, wheel clamps, steel kit boxes, chains and locks, camaras, big dog or geese?

Reason is ask is I'm thinking of beefing mine up after a recent attempt to jemmy the workshop door.

Hi mate well anyone telling anyone on a open forum is mad BUT THERES MAD PEOPLE ABOUT OWELL THANKS JON

-24 hour security manned security,

-Lots of CCTV,

-'Master Blaster' alarm. (highly recommended as this will make your ears bleed!).

-Forklift-able concrete blocks to go in front of containers.

Even then I still only think I will slow people down or perhaps persuade them to look for a softer target. I've heard of a lot of rural robberies with gypo's turning up with a cutting torch. What are you going to do to stop that! Landmines?

That's the way to go.

Defence in layers needs............

An easy outer zone with a silent alarm

A well protected inner zone

A short response time

Somewhere to get rid of the body.

Motion sensors are also good, for an early warning system, before any damage is done that would cost £££ to repair.

Already got the grave dug big enough for three. Nobody would ever find it.

Motion sensors are also good, for an early warning system, before any damage is done that would cost £££ to repair.

Already got the grave dug big enough for three. Nobody would ever find it.

Here is a thought, freeze the corpse, cut it into chip able chunks, find an isolated river bridge and chip the body direct into the water, the "chip" will thaw in no time and become fish food and whatever is left will be lost into the silt and mud:thumbup: