Loose Nuts

Jonathan O'Leary

I thought that - particularly second time around.

Sounds like someone doesn't like you (or you have a poor mechanic)...

I've got to do this...it's Friday for Christs sakes...TFI Friday and all that...assuming you haven't got to work tomorrow as I don't have to this weekend! If in doubt, always check your nuts! Seriously, whether its testicular cancer or your work vehicle wheels, if in doubt check your nuts, carefully....! You may only get one chance. As a professional driver I've stupidly ignored loose wheel nuts, hand tightened them and continued my journey!:thumbup:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've got to do this...it's Friday for Christs sakes...TFI Friday and all that...assuming you haven't got to work tomorrow as I don't have to this weekend! If in doubt, always check your nuts! Seriously, whether its testicular cancer or your work vehicle wheels, if in doubt check your nuts, carefully....! You may only get one chance. As a professional driver I've stupidly ignored loose wheel nuts, hand tightened them and continued my journey!:thumbup:

And take the appropriate action immediately! Don't wait!!:thumbup1:

Nope it didn't even cross my mind, was rushing to get to site to get work done, thought it was more of a bearing noise or brakes had playing up. I check my nuts reg so couldn't see how they would of come undone.

Guys from the garage said its something they have never come across, will have to check them every morn now. I'm more annoyed that Wife or Kids could have been in the van.

N/s wheel nuts can possibly undo with momentum.

o/s however wont because of the rotation of the wheel actual keeps them tight within reason.

When you think about it it's strange that n/s isn't left handed. Like several racing cars are, so prevent untightening.

Same thing happened to me, except I was driving down the road and felt a wobble, and the rear wheels were nearly off.

Tightened by hand and drove to the tyre place. Wheel written off as it rounded the holes, and the studs were only just salvageable.

they said someone had undone them deliberately.

got to keep an eye on these things