New Stihl online policy

Stihl dealer in Scotland

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may be able to buy a powerhead from those dealers who flout the rules. Think I might need to get on the phone again and find out who does....

There We Are Then!

How to win friends and influence people by ........

I would put a name on the dots but he is hiding behind anonymity.

"Massive troll here, time for the ban button methinks"

Oh behave, as a loyal dealer I follow the rules set down by my supplier. And yet you would rather support dealers who break the rules?. I am an honest guy and that's why I run a successful dealership. I sleep easy at night.

This is my final word on this subject. I will however still help (for those who want it) on technical issues.

Come on guys, SDS is not a troll, and this forum is open to all points of view.

He has tried to put across the viewpoint of ever so many regional dealers who obey the rules imposed on them from their suppliers, and are miffed when they see maverick dealers breaking those rules.

He is supportive of Stihls policy, which as a Stihl dealer is commendable.

Instead of flaming him, try to understand the situation from his perspective, whether it suits you or not.

I think of it a bit like this.

I used to use my mobile phone when driving, but when this was outlawed I stopped.

I now get very annoyed when I see others driving along and merrily chatting on the phone. Why should they be exempt?

And I feel like phoning the law and reporting them, but I am to placid to that, so just accept it.

SDS is just a little more determined.

Now 'flame' me too.

He has tried to put across the viewpoint of ever so many regional dealers who obey the rules imposed on them from their suppliers, and are miffed when they see maverick dealers breaking those rules.

Instead of flaming him, try to understand the situation from his perspective, whether it suits you or not.

I used to use my mobile phone when driving, but when this was outlawed I stopped.

I now get very annoyed when I see others driving along and merrily chatting on the phone. Why should they be exempt?

And I feel like phoning the law and reporting them, but I am to placid to that, so just accept it.

Now 'flame' me too.

I'm more than ready to be corrected but I suspect nobody has ever been killed as a direct result of buying a chainsaw on-line. :001_smile:

Now 'flame' me too.

I'm sorry Barrie, but I have to disagree here, what sds is doing is entrapment, it's a downright dirty tactic, but it's also a double edged blade, if he causes a company to loose it's dealership, that's one less ally for the stihl market.

The uk parts supply from stihl is appalling at best, let alone the dealer network, you start removing dealers and the system becomes more fragile. And if what TCD mentioned is true, those empty shelves would soon be filled with another German brand much more receptive to computers. Stihl should tread lightly at the moment or they may find they loose the professional market completely, a lot of arbs have already switched to the swedes, if they make it impossible for a cutter to buy equipment online and either that person can't get to or will not go to the local dealer then they can rapidly loose any foothold they have.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App