Bloody fox!

Farmerdowling

Must admit i'm amazed foxes in houses after kids does not happen more often.

U get electronic callers now and some of the rabbit, mouse or hare squeks can be very baby/child like at times, actually quite scary esp when a fox comes charging into it

Best cure to any fox is a lump of lead travelling about 2500+fps, althou a wire loop also solves the problem

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't release it on the Berwyns

We are plagued by people releasing stuff on the mountain road behind us

Including, peacocks, muscovy ducks ( reduced to circle of feathers in 24 hours) foxes, lost my pet geese couple of years ago

There have been at least two arctic foxes (!) up there, reported on tv few years ago and dead one seen by local keeper, and very solid reports of black cats .... i found dead 12 month old lamb ( approx 40 ib weight) with all its hindquarters gone ( just front legs and head left, eyes still intact when found at first light but gone when I came back with camera)

Keeper killed 80+ foxes on his beat, some with sand in their fur, their is no sand around here so definately "imports"

Do u have many badgers. That lamb could have been killed by a badger quite easily. Badgers start eating at the back passage and work up

I know 1 local farmer who regularly looses quite large lambs at this time of year to broc, i'm talking about pure texels/crosses probably lab sized so 20 odd kg and these are not sick or dying lambs but very lively 1's.

I would say this is quite unusual but must just be a rogue badger that has learned how easy it is to kill them and got the taste for it

I found a deer a few years ago that i was convinced had been killed by a big cat, full sized fallow doe ate overnight and dragged 30m throu long grass, turned out after a lot of poking and prodding and skinning, to have been high neck shot by poachers stunning it not killing it, there dog then choked it out (explaining wot i thought where fang marks on throat) then they left it lying and a family of broc's must have ate it overnite

snap i have the exactly the same thing peredtti hush power super bit of kit

Thats it . Had mine for 30 years or so . Remember having to file the burrs of the muzzle breaks in the barrel to improve the pattern . Made a big difference .

Thats it . Had mine for 30 years or so . Remember having to file the burrs of the muzzle breaks in the barrel to improve the pattern . Made a big difference .

might have to try that only have had my one about 2 years now i use it quite alot on rabbits at night can bowl them over at around 30 years with 3inch fiocchi 19g size 7 shot gives good patten and range

i use it quite alot on rabbits at night can bowl them over at around 30 years with 3inch fiocchi 19g size 7 shot gives good patten and range

Do you only shoot the really old ones and how do you tell the difference :laugh1: ? A friend of mine has a 9mm which he calls a garden gun with a moderator and it is almost silent, just a "phut" and it knocks rats and rabbits over nicely.

Do you only shoot the really old ones and how do you tell the difference :laugh1: ? A friend of mine has a 9mm which he calls a garden gun with a moderator and it is almost silent, just a "phut" and it knocks rats and rabbits over nicely.

sorry was meant to say 30 yards easy yes my 410 hushpower its just a phut and a ting stand 25 yards away from me shooting and you wont hear it if i only had to keep just one gun it would be my hushpower

might have to try that only have had my one about 2 years now i use it quite alot on rabbits at night can bowl them over at around 30 years with 3inch fiocchi 19g size 7 shot gives good patten and range

I was missing stuff and could not work out why . Fired it at a pattern plate and got a pattern shaped like a banana at an angle of about 15degrees from level . Filed all the burrs off ( they were inside the barrel on one side and on the out side on the other ( direction of drilling ) Its the inside burrs that caused the problem . Bit difficult to get to them but managed it . What a difference ! Got a much rounder pattern . Still a bit rugby ball shaped but way better .