Bloody fox!

Farmerdowling

Funny how ya can get a verbal kicking, when you know what your talking about.

Apologies for yesterday's comment. I'd had a couple of ciders, and assumed you were referring to a UK legal 12ft/lb air rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies for yesterday's comment. I'd had a couple of ciders, and assumed you were referring to a UK legal 12ft/lb air rifle.

Same here Jon.

An FAC air rifle at close range would probably do it with the right placement.

Pretty light slug though, whatever the power.

A good determined dog fox takes some stopping. I once shot 1 at over 100m it got up and ran off put another shot in it and it sat there lookin at me so put another throu It's chest and there it layed got out of highseat to look at it and it was hit 3 times in hind quarters, lower jaw and in chest. By the way this was with a .243 Win so although a .22 will do the job now and again It's not really big another.

Thats pretty incredible that it took 3 shots but I can believe it. I have a 22.250 and a single shot has never failed but it is deadly accurate so head shots are not a problem, furthest shot I made read 528yards on the range finder and he didn't move an inch

Thats pretty incredible that it took 3 shots but I can believe it. I have a 22.250 and a single shot has never failed but it is deadly accurate so head shots are not a problem, furthest shot I made read 528yards on the range finder and he didn't move an inch

Lincolnshire is pretty flat :thumbup:

Not really surprising considering it was hit in the hind quarters and lower jaw afore he shot it in chest.

U could shoot a mouse in the tail with a .308 or even 50cal still not going to kill it.

Not just about size of bullet, shot placement is far more important, althou u still need a bullet capable of killing consistantly and cleanly.

Sure 1 of the old school victorian african big game hunters used to regularly kill elephants with a 223, shot placment would have to be spot on and be no room for error

It is all very well talking about FAC airguns but the problem is u would not get a FAC for shooting a fox in a garden and why would u spend the ammount of money having a FAC airgun costs (talking a fair heap of money even 2nd hand) when u can buy a complete 22lr set up for 50 odd quid

In eyes of law no difference between firing a 22lr or FAC airgun in a garden all classed as a firearm reguardless

Plenty of professionals and experienced pesties will use firearms in urban areas, but they are very experiencd know wot there doing and will have risk assesed everything properly.

A good 1 u woon't even know he's been.

Even a 30ftlb airgun is putting out less power than a 22 with subs, some of the 22 shorts and light loads are meant to be equal to a 30ftlb airgun

As for 100+ ft airguns? Why? only get about 30-60 shots out of a 30-40 ftlb airgun (depending on bottle size) so prob only talking about a few shots per fill, about as useful as a choclate fire guard

As for 100+ ft airguns? Why? only get about 30-60 shots out of a 30-40 ftlb airgun (depending on bottle size) so prob only talking about a few shots per fill, about as useful as a choclate fire guard

10 shots from a 250bar fill to be precise haha, watched a video on it the other day. Not so sure a 303 caliber air rifle is necessary either but that's what it is

Gotta say trying to kill a fox with a U.K. Legal 22 lb air rifle is immoral and inhumane. I know sod all about fire arms, yet this is obvious to me.

Jon I enjoy the majority of your posts mate, but this seems beneath you.

12 ft lb is the legal limit

10 shots from a 250bar fill to be precise haha, watched a video on it the other day. Not so sure a 303 caliber air rifle is necessary either but that's what it is

Thats americans for u. Would imagine quite a feat of engineering to get that sort of power, althou a complete waste of there time and brains

Fair shot with that 500+ fox u would not be 'holding over' at that range where u?