What tool do you hate the most ?

ArthurBottlesworth

I managed to somehow survive thirty years of old style circular saw bench, tractor driven with a cone screw log splitter.

splitter was ready to grab any loose clothing and no quick method of stopping the tractor and everything had the potential to do a lot of harm or worse.

I always knew there was reason I didn't trust cone splitters, you just put finger on it .....

When I was assessor guy got his overalls caught on unguarded pto shaft

Threw him across the yard and left him naked but amazingly unharmed !

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Karcher petrol pressure washer spend several hundred pounds on it and its a peice of junk nothing but problems since day one ,latest thing that went on it was a fuel hose split when I was in a rush to get out the door to parents evening dropped the thing off through the front door rushing thought I would put it away later when I got back home only to come home after and find it had spilt fuel right down my hallway floor and the house stank of petrol! luckily I have tiled floors but I hate the thing always been a nightmare to start and since I have seen loads of the same model on e bay being sold because they have trouble starting it

Suspension spring compressors.

They will always slip sideways and when the spring is all bent over they will let go.

Duck and cover....

Undo a jubilee clip and fasten it round the coil on the downhill side of the compressor :thumbup1: and use three instead of the two they sell as a set so you get a more even pull down.

Edited by peatff

Undo a jubilee clip and fasten it round the coil on the downhill side of the compressor :thumbup1: and use three instead of the two they sell as a set so you get a more even pull down.

Yes I now own four, two pairs. Good for cars but nothing big.

A hyd press does a much easier job. Will give the jubilee clip a go tho. :thumbup1: thanks.

Our grease gun.

When loading with a new cartridge it has the uncanny knack of slipping of the catch and depositing half the grease on me or the floor.

Definatly has to be this one. I hate any grease gun I have ever come across with a passion. Constant air blocks, then the pusher bit doesn't go inside the cartridge and push the grease out properly. Grease getting EVERYWHERE except where its meant to go. No tool has ever caused me to have a tantrum as much as a grease gun:laugh1:

Got to agree, I've tried loads and they all pants!!:thumbdown:

The tool I hate the most just now is my 540t, it had such promise but is just more and more disappointing as each day passes :thumbdown: