Daft and irritating terminology used in this industry

Goaty

Is it possible to chogg up or sideways.

Erm... a chog is a lump of wood. Chogging is cutting wood into lumps. Done on th ground we might call it crosscutting. Gravity being what it is, it's pretty hard to chog in a tree without it going down. But if you had a crane you could in theory chog up.

Snatching, now that makes no sense. And what on earth is negative rigging if it's not positively rigged?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this thread was going to be arborist terminology, instead it's old buggers moaning about text speak and other social media things... again!

Started off that way but if there's something to moan about... well.

So you want on thread specific terms eh.

Where does 'wayleaves' originate and why in the UK do we not uses the word 'services'?

I know what brash is and I know that arisings is brash. I presume that 'arisings' is an old word; but what is its origin. (Ok, just looked that up.)

Edited by TGB

:lol::lol:

Side track. On the lifeboat a crew member threw up his dinner. Into a bucket.

Another crew member looked at the bucket and saw there was a few pieces of sausages in it. He then picked them out and ate them. Waste not want not was his words.

True story. Surfice to say every other crew member was then throwing up into the bucket.....

The crew member who ate the sicked up susage, he warnt called Sgt Meeke was he?

A TA bloke who gleefully done such things to impress the young-uns (like me)

I did however witness similar at a TA Officers dinner, involving a pint glass full of cocktail induced vomit.

Alastair had been dared to drink the somewhat innovative pint cocktail.

Which included a combination of ingrediants that had curdled.

Badly.

He gagged on the last mouthful and re-gurgitated the lot.

A queasy comtemplative silence then ensued.

Tom, whose mother was dying of Cancer, spoke up and said "a tenner a head and I will drink that"

Money was produced and Tom made a good start.

Until I quietly commented, "you know Tom, Alastair sneezed a big snotter into that glass at the hinder-end.":lol:

Pure pandomium ensued with various YO's boking on the table.

Marcus