Daft and irritating terminology used in this industry

Goaty

Wayleave

(Just looked it up but the term seems to mean a permission or agreement. So why use it to denote the physical presence of services?)

Because the utility Co's don't own the land, but have permission to run their infrastructure through it.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't stand the constant use of awesome

:thumbup1:

To be perfectly honest (prior to this I was lying).

beat me to it :thumbup1:

But there's the housebuilder's favourite 'home'. Used to mean an integerated household, the secure environment created by a family or group. The word for a residential building, freestanding or detached, was 'house'. Now Barratt build homes, it's not the people that move into their flimsy structures that build the home. Marketing people are the worst, they will bastardise anything to make a sale.!

:thumbup1: Excellent point.

Bro!:sneaky2:

You know who you are:biggrin:

Bro! :puke:

From mainstream trashy media of current "coolness" OMG, god Jesus or derivations of.

When people have to use it every sentence due to lack of brain use it annoys me. Also its disrespectful.

I sometimes counter each time with "Where?" or "Whats its got to do with him?" most peopl soon get as irritated as I am and develop a better use of speech.

One lad was persistant and enjoyed being irritating. But he soon got mad and changed his ways when he would say God, I'd say " who?" followed by his dads full name. He worshiped his dad who was an army major or some title. He benefitted by vocabulary improvement.

Funny how people never blaspheme Allah or Mohammed. Buddha etc.

Popular tree,

Fir tree (to mean any conifer).

"by close of play" It's work, not play you tw*t.

"take ownership"

"high quality" It's either quality or not.

"heating, plumbing, refridgeration... engineers". You're not engineers!

"bish bash bosh"

"wicked!"

"sort of thing"

ending sentences with "or?"

Kirsty Allsopp - everything she does is "absolutely the most amazing thing I have ever done - wow". Now she's a bellend.

Great thread :laugh1:

PS: Cordwood. :sneaky2::001_tt2:

"Like" why do idiots use this word when they mean is, was or where no word need????????????

"He was "like" well rude", etc,etc!!!

FOOLS!!!

One answer to these people comes courtesy of Paul Schofield presenter 'This Morning'.

When his daughter came out with something such as ... 'It was like the best thing ever'.

He would ask.

'Was it the best thing ever, or, like the best thing ever'?

He did not say if it stopped her saying it. Only that it caused her an equal amount of annoyance.

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Arbtalk mobile app

One answer to these people comes courtesy of Paul Schofield presenter 'This Morning'.

When his daughter came out with something such as ... 'It was like the best thing ever'.

He would ask.

'Was it the best thing ever, or, like the best thing ever'?

Excellent! Cheered me up on a rainy morning this did.

One reason I watch as little television as possible is the modern way of presenting. eg talent type shows. Do the presenters think we're deaf. Why do they have to shout out the names of 'artistes' as though they're building up an introduction to the coming of the second Messiah! That prat on X Factor just winds me up. Sorry...grumpy old sod just ranting:001_smile:

Telly shows like Axemen and ice rd truckers spoilt by over dramatic editing and voice over people.

And the use of the smallest unit of measurement to make something sound bigger!

If Hugh smashes through the ice with his gazillion pound load that's 100,000 mm long, he could die in 1 second!

Que the rubbish animated disaster sequence!

Then Hugh, drives on the ice as usual and delivers everything, as usual with no problems!!

Although we have to endure 20 close ups of Hugh's beard, his hand changing gear and some wonky camera shots with scary music!!

I enjoy these program's because the scenery is great and these are tough jobs, I know how hard it is trying to manoeuvre an ifor Williams through the town sometimes!