hi flex again, or something else?

william127

My old high flex trousers ar well and truly had it, and Im wondering what ti replace them with. Should I get the same again or something else? I where them 2 or 3 days a week in winter, for logging and hedge cutting, but not climbing, although I do climb fruit trees, over fences up and down the back of the land rover etc so they need to be nice and flexible. My hi flexes are xxl so id obviously need something similar.

I was looking at sip progress trousers at a show last week and they looked quite good? Thanks, William

I've had Oregon and SIP trousers, end of last year brought my first pair of Pfanner Gladiators and will never go back to to any of the other brands, my mate is likewise and he was a loyal hi-flex fan.

The comfort and flexibility of the trousers is amazing but it does come at a cost.

+1.

The Pfanners are expensive for a reason.

I've heard the SIP progress are good, but never tried them.

Since I went self employed It was false economy buying Hi flex their are comfy but I find that they don't last, I switched to sip freedoms which last but are very uncomfortable now I'm using orange hi viz stretch airs and there they best pants I've had so far. I'm tempted to get some pfanner gladiators because I've been impressed with the pfanner build quality and I don't want to look so hi vizzy haha but the price tag is putting me off them

Hi-flex look great when new, but don't look new for very long. Especially if you're doing a lot of snaggy hedge jobs. You soon rip the arse out of them. Great if you like practicing your darning, mind. :thumbup:

Got some SIP Freedom type C when my last hi-flex collapsed and think they're good for the money.