raised bed price

onyx landscaping/fencing

Hello got to quote for a raised bed and the price I have come up with seams expensive to me so what would you charge? very simple bed 1.5 sleepers long half sleeper deep and 2 sleepers tall so 8 sleepers total

my break down

8x sleepers @£15= £120

pack timber lock screws=£20

plastic liner(customer requested)=£10

2t top soil =£40

half day for 2xmen £200

total £390

so what would you charge ?

Seems well worked out and very reasonable to me. I love buzzing 8 or ten inch timberlocks through sleepers when the customer is watching, they are usual pretty impressed, then you can explain that they are 50p or whatever each and you need 4 o6 or so per sleeper, and it starts to show them why theese 'little' jobs cost 3 or 4 hundred quid!!:thumbup1:

sounds bout right, but would question soil price? is that with concrete in it and such :laugh1:

you wouldnt buy 2t for that down here. i would also look at a better substrate type. here we can get double compost, a blend of reused garden material and arb wast mixed with sand. a very good mixture for growing veg in and have used it extensively for turf laying.

we get very good reclaimed sleepers for £16 or new soft wood sleepers for £14 the soil is screened to 10mm and is of good quality . one of the things I aim to do is supply the best materials possible at the best price I can and from shopping about,haggling and building a good customer relationship with my suppliers we get good deals