Has this happened to you?

Billy

I started to wonder if the sound of a chipper was like the sound of an ice-cream van to kids!

As soon as it starts they all come out of their burrows with brown recycle bins, bags, armfuls of random garden waste with the ubiquitous "mind if I put this on your pile?" Which usually gets the "leave it there and put £10 in the van" response!

Amazing how that gets a surprised and quizzical look. Oh no, I not here trying to earn a living, I'm just here for general waste disposal and public convenience!

God bless them!

Last year I was asked to chip a dead cat by a woman. Not to mention stones, fenceposts and leaves ect

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL intereting point you raise, but I have analternative point of view, namley .....

Its thick skinned people like me that have been doing the job for over 30 years, have seen too many accidents and investigated too many arguments, disputes and squabbles that have ended in tears, blood or death all, usually over seamingley 'minor' or 'stupid' things like, cones a culture of creating a safe work site that keep the debate going.

Jeez where are you doing tree work? Albert Square? or coronation street?

In that situation once and thankfully only once have I seen this but the groundie continued chipping when the van had gone to tip ,did not even look up to see the chip going on the road.:001_huh:

HAH!

A new lad started with us recently and did just that.

I was up in the tree, Seb drove the truck away to tip it and the new lad fired up the chipper and sprayed chips all down the road.

I couldn't make myself heard over the noise and being up in the tree was reluctant to come down.

He soon realised his error and got busy with the broom...:laugh1:

Ty

No singes,

no cones,

no appropriate traffic management of any sort

the only 2 surprises are that the chipper was not nicked, and the HA enforcement have not slapped a nice heathy fine on you..

It's smart arses like you, who ruin arbtalk

Hear hear.

IMO Arbocop was pointing some pretty basic stuff about working on a road.

Sam and Firestorm however, are entering into personal attacks.

Sorry guys, but I think its surely you two that are 'ruining' arbtalk.

People are not mind readers, rather than accept your own mistake, you would rather blame others. It's happened, next time leave a cone, some brash whatever to make it clear that you would like to park there when you return.

I would be more concerned if the chipper was insured or not since it isn't attached to a vehicle, either for loss or if someone drove into it.

People are not mind readers, rather than accept your own mistake, you would rather blame others. It's happened, next time leave a cone, some brash whatever to make it clear that you would like to park there when you return.

I would be more concerned if the chipper was insured or not since it isn't attached to a vehicle, either for loss or if someone drove into it.

The OP said he had left some cones, but they got moved:001_rolleyes: