Everyday sexism?

Marko

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine many of the female arbs have had to put up with lots of 'banter' in the past and must be fairly hardened to this kind of thing, therefore will be less likely to be offended?

What adverts like this may do is put people off from actually getting in to arboriculture by advertising it as a testosterone-fueled male-dominated industry, which I guess at the moment it is, but why should it be?

The people posting things like 'I'm not offended' etc are missing the point. The point is the advert COULD put OTHER PEOPLE off contributing to the forum / getting involved.

I does not offend me in anyway, they are making the point that the bars are not painted, so in affect "naked" and in their opinion beautiful.

You could argue that or you could say adds like this are designed to make testosterone filled blokes go phwaaar and talk about Sugihara bars. Personally I think the add is the latter and goes a bit to far.

I showed my wife the add and asked her opinion and she thought it was blatant sexism.

If I had written the above p word I'd have received another 3 strike points from the site police; had 3 back along for a re-spelt taboo word. IMO arbtalk has gone from good laugh and banter to politically correct altar; very surprised that pic is allowed. If you're not in the "in" crowd and all that... you don't get away with it.

What a load of absolute twaddle.