Everyday sexism?

Marko

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, placing my "Mods" hat carefully in the corner for a minute.

This world has gone mad. Stark raving bonkers. It's now more "PC" for two males to walk down the high street holding hands and kissing one another, than to have an image of a female (with a nice figure) in an advert. Even real people voluntarily disrobe and stand in front of a camera for £££. They do it because they can earn good money. No one holds a gun to their head, they want to do it. I was a child in the 70s, there was a lot wrong with things back then but blimey it was a Much freer society than this oppressive world we live in today. Constantly having to mind what you say in case you offend someone for stating the obvious. What a beige world it is now, bland boring and very beige. If you don't want to see something, then don't look at it, if it offends, ignore it. It's like being smothered by a well -meaning aunt. :001_rolleyes:

Hat back on now.

Agreed! I take regular "fixes" of Minder, The Sweeny, The Professionals (on ITV4 generally) and The Dam Busters whenever possible to redress the PC (im)balance.

Well said that man, be a very boring place if everybody saw things the same way, especially If your made to see them the way other people tell you too. On a lighter note are these bars any good ?

Yep . the light weight pro bars are very good . I have 15" and 18" .325 24" and 28" .375 and 36" in .404 . On an even lighter note who remembers " on the buses " and " Till death us do part" ( Alf Garnet ) ...Warren Mitchel . ?

What he said.

I can not believe I'm addressing this in my first ever post but...... I'm a little sick and tired of naked/near naked women being used to sell everything from tooth paste to beer to well everything. When women and especially young women are subjected to these images day after day it reinforces an underlying societal belief that a woman's worth is based on how conventionally sexually attractive she is. Add that to the input of the media, fashion and cosmetic surgery industries and its no wonder eating disorder, low self esteem and self harm rates in women are through the roof (and before someone says it, yes these rates are on the rise for blokes too, but no where near as high as for women).

If you'd be happy with this cartoon (or any of the other images posted in this thread) depicting your daughters, wives, female mates or mothers......then I'd be shocked.

And 'feminist clap trap' really??? Haven't seen that in print for years. All feminism means is equality between men and women. Nothing to be frightened about lads. I'm a proud feminist and manage to combine that with a sense of humour, being straight and on occations heals.

Finally. Don't you feel insulted as men that an ad agency thinks you're so stupid and narrowly focused that you'll buy anything as long as its advertised with a massive pair of t***??? Personally I get really angry that the media think men are that dumb. Here endith the first sermon. Hope my next post can be about technical issues and advise from this amazing source of info.

Edited by Steve Bullman
language

....whilst on another thread there are comments referring to the abuse of women, still not been deleted; Quote "I like to treat my equipment how I treat my women and slap them around a bit."

Where is the moral line drawn on Arbtalk?

What he said.

I can not believe I'm addressing this in my first ever post but...... I'm a little sick and tired of naked/near naked women being used to sell everything from tooth paste to beer to well everything. When women and especially young women are subjected to these images day after day it reinforces an underlying societal belief that a woman's worth is based on how conventionally sexually attractive she is. Add that to the input of the media, fashion and cosmetic surgery industries and its no wonder eating disorder, low self esteem and self harm rates in women are through the roof (and before someone says it, yes these rates are on the rise for blokes too, but no where near as high as for women).

If you'd be happy with this cartoon (or any of the other images posted in this thread) depicting your daughters, wives, female mates or mothers......then I'd be shocked.

And 'feminist clap trap' really??? Haven't seen that in print for years. All feminism means is equality between men and women. Nothing to be frightened about lads. I'm a proud feminist and manage to combine that with a sense of humour, being straight and on occations heals.

Finally. Don't you feel insulted as men that an ad agency thinks you're so stupid and narrowly focused that you'll buy anything as long as its advertised with a massive pair of t***??? Personally I get really angry that the media think men are that dumb. Here endith the first sermon. Hope my next post can be about technical issues and advise from this amazing source of info.

Edited due to swearing!

Pissed myself laughing

(Nice first post though, by the way)

....whilst on another thread there are comments referring to the abuse of women, still not been deleted; Quote "I like to treat my equipment how I treat my women and slap them around a bit."

Where is the moral line drawn on Arbtalk?

We don't get time to read every single thing thats written, if theres something that needs attention that we have missed please feel free to use the report post feature