Everyday sexism?

Marko

The sugihara advert isn't sexist, it's disturbing.

It's like someone's trying to carry out female genital mutilation on that woman with a steel guide bar. There's satanic cults in the most poverty stricken, uneducated parts of South America who wouldn't have thought of anything as morally bankrupt as that image.

If you see that advert and it makes you want to buy those guide bars you're probably into S&M with the emphasis on sadism, you're also probably clinically insane.

Sexist? that's the least of that adverts problem.

Are you for real? It's clearly a cheaply made, tongue in cheek advert for a small business.

Had Rob paid Satchi and Satchi to design it then they would no doubt had put it past a legal team and a miserable as sin Guardian-reading saddo like you to make sure that nobody could possibly be offended. :001_rolleyes:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you for real? It's clearly a cheaply made, tongue in cheek advert for a small business.

Had Rob paid Satchi and Satchi to design it then they would no doubt had put it past a legal team and a miserable as sin Guardian-reading saddo like you to make sure that nobody could possibly be offended. :001_rolleyes:

Pretty sure he's joking with that post:thumbup1: unless....?

Personally think people are thinking far too much into this advert, to the point of being pathetic. I dread to think where all this PC rubbish is going to lead us in general.

If you don't like it-don't look at it.

HI ALL i must SAY THIS IT ALL GOOD FOR ROB D ALL GOOD FOR TRADE WELL DONE ROB D :thumbup1:AND HE SALES NICE LOG JACKS THERE VERY GOOD :thumbup1:ALL THE BEST ROB JON :thumbup:

Hi Jon,

Agreed, all publicity is good publicity!

Meanwhile sales surge as slightly controversial advert causes Arbtalk gossip server to crash when hundreds of users download image to spray out stars with Photoshop...

:001_smile:

N

"A suicide bomber has killed at least 13 people near Pakistan's army HQ in the city of Rawalpindi,"

In Mexico " Most estimates put the number of people killed in drug-related violence since late 2006 at more than 60,000"

"A major diplomatic effort to resolve the Syrian conflict is set to take place in Switzerland next week. With over 100,000 people killed since the fighting began,"

"Police and medics say at least 26 people have been killed in a series of bomb blasts in Baghdad, in the latest in an extended surge of violence."

Learn to complain about what is important in our lives.

Oh yeh, and Sugihara bars are most excellent.

I bought all my bars, 5 of them , before I saw the now notorious advert . It would not sway me one way or the other . They are very good bars and anyone now deciding not to by one just because of this advert are shooting themselves in the foot . Bloody silly .

"A suicide bomber has killed at least 13 people near Pakistan's army HQ in the city of Rawalpindi,"

In Mexico " Most estimates put the number of people killed in drug-related violence since late 2006 at more than 60,000"

"A major diplomatic effort to resolve the Syrian conflict is set to take place in Switzerland next week. With over 100,000 people killed since the fighting began,"

"Police and medics say at least 26 people have been killed in a series of bomb blasts in Baghdad, in the latest in an extended surge of violence."

Learn to complain about what is important in our lives.

Oh yeh, and Sugihara bars are most excellent.

There's a lot of headline issues there, but if I may be so bold as to venture, you missed some major breaking news! Gensetsteve reports (post #118) ASDA selling 4 cans for a quid! Now that's madness (even if it is low octane), that has to be cheaper than water?

PS, I'm going to make my next bars the ones with the chick in the advert!

You know the stupidity of half the people on here amazes me!

SEXISM - discrimination against a gender

DISCRIMINATION - using a perceived weakness against someone, be it sex, sexual orientation, skin colour, age, religious beliefs, etc

Somebody explain how it's sexist? Does it imply that as she's a woman she can't use a chainsaw?

Sexual exploitation is a more accurate description, as it's managed to get everyone talking about naked women and sugihara bars.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

....whilst on another thread there are comments referring to the abuse of women, still not been deleted; Quote "I like to treat my equipment how I treat my women and slap them around a bit."

Where is the moral line drawn on Arbtalk?

Could you post a link to this thread? Because if you're referring to the 'which ground saw' thread, I suggest you re-read it!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App