First helmet cam vid

RC0

I have wanted a helmet camera for a while now and last week I eventually buckled and paid quite a lot for this one. http://www.vio-pov.com/

Great features, quality footage, robust (shock, dust and water-proof) and not a hindrance to the job or my performance!

Any way, I’m not sure about it now. The end result is all quite bewildering and difficult to watch IMO!

But perhaps with practice, a wider lens, taller tree etc, I’m not sure.

Re: the actual job. Nothing special, just a 25 year old euc in a back garden.

Any credibility that this video might have had is ruined by this particular crew’s refusal to wear their helmets. Also, the grounds-man underestimates/under-wrap’s the very last branch/top which then proceeds to spiral out of control and smash up the clients cherished Japanese maple, which he’d done so well to protect up until that point.

Worth a look but there’s just something frustrating about it.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=5257960397871597594&hl=en-GB

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good work reg. im not sure if it needs a wider angle lens or not....it would probably help. i think maybe filming with the helmet cam will be a seperate art to master in itself....try not to look around so much...thats easier said than done though! i think at one point particular it looked like the camera could have been positioned pointing too low, not sure though

are you happy with the quality of the original footage before you compressed it for google?

good work reg. im not sure if it needs a wider angle lens or not....it would probably help. i think maybe filming with the helmet cam will be a seperate art to master in itself....try not to look around so much...thats easier said than done though! i think at one point particular it looked like the camera could have been positioned pointing too low, not sure though

are you happy with the quality of the original footage before you compressed it for google?

Yeah I agree with all that you say Steve. The quality is excellent, no doubt about that:icon14: Also, I didn't use a seperate mike and yet it picked up the sound clearly, even though the device was wrapped and stuffed in my pocket.

The unit itself is well though out and superbly designed, I just expected a better end result somehow. I'll try it again on a bigger tree and perhaps be a little more concious of my position and head movement.

I liked it Reg, the picture and sound quality is excellent, I think that maybe you could combine the POV camera with your chest camera and get a really great bit of footage, I know the resulting editing will be a a headache but it would be worth it.

Good to see you working in a tree Reg, it's obvious to me that you know what you are doing.