First helmet cam vid

RC0

This point is quite significant.

There’re a lot of Panic-Climbers out there who think like “just get it down and we’ll worry about it afterwards!” What generally follow’s is lots of wasted effort both up the tree and on the floor due to this short sighted approach to the job.

very true words reg,that whole post was spot on

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess ya'll must think this is my first rodeo. I'm aware of the disadvantages of burying the ground crew in brush - is THAT what the topic of this thread was??? Cuz I sure musta missed that, sorry.

I thought we were talking about roping every limb, which I STILL say I don't, but that doesn't mean I'm creating a rat's nest on the ground.

Crikey McCrikeyson!

is THAT what the topic of this thread was??? Cuz I sure musta missed that, sorry.

And by that I meant I was answering a post, not the thread's topic, sorry.

I guess ya'll must think this is my first rodeo.

Give me some credit will you, you've taken it the wrong way.

Perhaps I should have replied directly to Telhol and not used your quote. Im sorry! I just elaborated a little for those who genuinely might not realise the broader considerations of the whole thing.

The thread was originally about the camera as I was looking for opinions/comparisons etc and Steve was eager to see the footage before his trip to the U.S It got derailed a little and then I just derailed it some more. No big deal

I work mostly with one none saw using groundie,so rope down very little.I cut ever thing in the tree there is no more sawdust overall as it will need cutting at some stage and sometimes if the dust distributed further you can nip round with the blower and blow of paths,sheds ect,there can be less work.

I think we all have our own style and should do what suits us best,there are many way of doing something right:cheers:

Hey i was only asking a question guys dont throw teddies in corners lol.

reg do you use a timber hitch on the trunk to lower other bits of trunk down thats what i wanted to know

and yeas good footage en all that:icon14:

MB and I both know that teddies dont really hurt when they hit you, so not the first or last time they be thrown back and forth no doubt. The more opinions voiced, the better for the thread. Thanks also skyhuck.

I do indeed finish with a timber-hitch where it is safe to do so. A quick and easy knot to tie.

I want that chipper cleaned every week Telhol:icon14: