Benefit street !!!

Mr Oz

The following is my opinion and not scientific fact...

I can't watch this gutter-journo crud. It makes me mad and these programs are edited for sensationalisation. It's just a waste of time and cheapo TV.

I'd rather get on and fix my 'leccy winch with the solenoids I just bought off ebay.

It's REAL life to me, something I can do something about so B0110x to the scroungers.

Not gonna waste my time.... zzzzzzzzzz

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do the tv companies show programmes like these? It depresses the honest hard working Joe and makes the wasters heroes amongst their own waste of space kind. They are the role models of the next generation of dead beat Neds. Britain is doomed!!!!!

Bring back National Service. It would teach some discipline to these never had a job clowns.

Am I being harsh?

The following is my opinion and not scientific fact...

I can't watch this gutter-journo crud. It makes me mad and these programs are edited for sensationalisation. It's just a waste of time and cheapo TV.

I'd rather get on and fix my 'leccy winch with the solenoids I just bought off ebay.

It's REAL life to me, something I can do something about so B0110x to the scroungers.

Not gonna waste my time.... zzzzzzzzzz

Well said, I caught part of the rubbish whilst I was decorating, let the others race to the bottom, I refuse to join in...

Recently in Scotland we went to visit a distant relative. Young single Mum with a 13 year old who only eats chips and jaffa cakes and is scared of school PE and a 6 year old with disabilities (which yes I agree warrants some assistance); not a father in sight and Mum has been a benefit claimant her whole life. Just moved into a brand new 3 bed semi purposely spacious for younger son. Air conditioning, all furnished brand new beds, sofa, white goods etc. Council tax, utilities, other benefits all paid for. Lovely property.

And there's me and my Wife; both working our arses off putting atleast 60 hours a week in each and we can't afford anything like it, don't own our own home and are pretty frugal. The only "luxury" we try to afford is organic food. Haven't holidayed since 2004... We don't demand any more...

Recently in Scotland we went to visit a distant relative. Young single Mum with a 13 year old who only eats chips and jaffa cakes and is scared of school PE and a 6 year old with disabilities (which yes I agree warrants some assistance); not a father in sight and Mum has been a benefit claimant her whole life. Just moved into a brand new 3 bed semi purposely spacious for younger son. Air conditioning, all furnished brand new beds, sofa, white goods etc. Council tax, utilities, other benefits all paid for. Lovely property.

And there's me and my Wife; both working our arses off putting atleast 60 hours a week in each and we can't afford anything like it, don't own our own home and are pretty frugal. The only "luxury" we try to afford is organic food. Haven't holidayed since 2004... We don't demand any more...

It's like two very different worlds, well I suppose it is two very different worlds but in the same society, doesn't make much sense to me!!

just a thought i feel these types of programmes are put out to make people turn on people who claim benefits ! dont be kidded by these goverment propaganda shows . all the people on here who are so upset why dont you pack in and go on benefit if its so easy !lets see some fly on the wall programmes about royal family members and what they get up to and what they claim ! polititians fat cat bosses bankers the list goes on . lets see some decent jobs for younger people genuine careers with long term prospects only then will we be able to improve society in general ,rant over

I've been self employed 25 years

Number of people who have knocked on door and asked for a job = nil

Offered girl a job but she couldn't get here before 10:00am so that didn't happen either

Guy in village post office gets doalies in ...but only because they want their form signed

He tells me alcoholic in free house opposite shop collects more dhs than he takes from the business ( and he is grafter)

But when economy is in the **** who does gov't turn to - the small business

I would support special at rate of say 30% for companies such as googe/amazon/starbucks who duck their uk tax though