Aching joints

wisewood

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My right elbow is giving me serious pain after only an hour milling with the 066.

The other week it was the right wrist.

I've dosed up on heavy duty meds, but what remedies have proved beneficial to you guys?

If you're over 40yrs old then you'll probably just have to get used to it I'm afraid!!

Try stretches before during and after milling. A good one is where you stick hand flat on wall in front of you and straighten arm to reach the wall, then try rotating wrist / elbow while hand is stuck to wall, hard to explain and probably sounds daft but might help. Other than that yep us oldies suffer, so try to mix up activities to avoid too long in same position etc

Try stretches before during and after milling. A good one is where you stick hand flat on wall in front of you and straighten arm to reach the wall, then try rotating wrist / elbow while hand is stuck to wall, hard to explain and probably sounds daft but might help. Other than that yep us oldies suffer, so try to mix up activities to avoid too long in same position etc

Anything that makes any job easier is worth doing, over a week it makes a big difference.

Some sound advice there, thanks guys.

Been to the Dr's this morning and it's tennis elbow. So giving myself a few days rest, compression bandage and inflammatory gel.

If no better by Monday it's back for some cortisone.

You will be wise, "no pun intended" to stay away from Cortisone:thumbdown:

Long-Term Side Effects of Cortisone Injections | LIVESTRONG.COM. HAVS and RMI are common in this industry, take care and work smarter, not harder.

easy-lift guy

I suffer from aches and pains now and again, as said over the age of 40 just expect it I am afraid. I just wear supports when hurting and put up with it, pain goes in time. Joys of the job and age! We are not on our own by the sounds of it.