Mild continuous cold/catarrah remedy rqd?

cessna

That's very sad, 50 is only 12 years away!

I had my internals looked at 2 years ago when getting my heart checked after my dads heart stopped, I asked the ladies who were checking it with their gadget to check over everything else, and they did and said, I was all good!

All my work is outside and the sawdust ir big compared to indoor machining I'd like to think anyway.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just look at all your air filters in your gear cos that's what your lungs are dealing with. I try and switch jobs throughout the working day and week and seems to reduce these symptoms. Not a choice for everyone I know but works for me. Tropical hardwoods are just a no no these days for me. A good walk of a saturday and sunday morning along the beach has helped as well. Lot's of fresh sea air.

Thankyou gentlemen for replying, I am extremely sorry to hear that some of you and your close family are suffering more than me. BUT I do realise, from your comments ,that one has to treat the problem of inhaling sawdust particles combined with Chainsaw oil vapour, EXTREMELY SERIOUSLY,WE ALL ONLY HAVE ONE LIFE. At least I do know I am not alone and that I am pleased, I reluctantly posted the thread. Wishing you all a HEALTHY 2014. Nigel.

With good health we stand a chance of prospering,but we cannot prosper with out it.

My dad got his lungs checked a couple of years back and the results were more like a 30 year old heavy smoker not a 66 year old never a smoker!:confused1:

Machines, saws and a lifetime of cutting trees and grass! = big set of mucky lungs!:thumbdown:

Even as a kid I was always getting shouted at for hawching up and snorting!:confused1:

I have a damaged left bit of my nose up near my eye where i got glassed years ago, there's loads of scar tissue so that's side constantly blocked, on a very rare occasion, usually in bed it will clear and I can breath through it, honestly it's like my nostril is the size of a bin lid, it's amazing!!:thumbup:

Then it clogs up for another few months:001_rolleyes:

I get the same now and then!

My sinus have been bad for as long as I remember.

Otrivine works very well but its not recomended for more than 7 days, I read that after using it for about a year!:001_huh:

Reminds me also to visit the docs again and see if they can do anything else.

I have heard of that lignum vitae problem before, not very nice and sorry to hear him die so young.

I get the same now and then!

My sinus have been bad for as long as I remember.

Otrivine works very well but its not recomended for more than 7 days, I read that after using it for about a year!:001_huh:

Reminds me also to visit the docs again and see if they can do anything else.

I have heard of that lignum vitae problem before, not very nice and sorry to hear him die so young.

I was addicted to Otrivine for nigh on ten years. Evil stuff. If you don't have to take it, don't. Pseudo ephedrine is a better substitute (although still addictive) and still available in some states in the US without prescription. Those nasal decongestants also burn the inside of your nose out, so I've found out to my detriment. The only way to fix it is to have a rebuild of the tissue. Similar kind of result as snorting too much cocaine I believe.

There are operations that involve trimming and cauterising tissue inside the nose. I've had two turbinectomies, rhinoplasty, septoplasty and finally, two silicone implants to hold my nostrils open after having all the other work done because my nose collapsed. Mild turbinectomies can help with the blocked nose thing but do your research first. If you have too much removed it can leave you worse than before. On the plus side, your nose never blocks up, even when you have a cold.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

As an after thought; I rinse every couple of days with boiled water with baking soda and salt in it. I use a system by Neilmed which uses a bottle to squirt the solution up my nose. It helps rinse all the crap out and moisturise the nasal passages. They also sell a moisturiser that can be sprayed up your nose when you get a dry nose (think Aircon etc) and it's non addictive. I've found both really helpful for allergies and after dusty or dirty jobs. It's amazing what washes out of your nose that you can't blow out. The moisturiser is awesome for after to help prevent that dry crusty feeling. Definitely worth looking in to if you suffer regularly with allergies or general sinus problems.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I second that above. I had a sinus op in Feb this year after suffering for 23 years. Was told NOT to use Sinutab as prolonged use can damage nasal lining and was prescribed nasal spray steroid Avamys and sometime nasonex. Was also given a course of strong steroids taken orally for 10 days. That didnt half shift some serious lumps from inside my head. Like huge bloody bogeys.

Since the op (recovery was fairly quick surgeon said my nose was a mess inside. Broken a few times due to rugby and drunken fights in my teens, a lot of polyps removed) I have used the Avamys daily and the NEILMED nasal douche 2 or 3 times a day. Dont bother buying the powder for the solution its just a 50/50 mix of salt and bicarb so says my surgeon,

Takes a while to get used to it, unpleasant at first like breathing in sea water and you need to get used to the stuff coming out of your nose unexpectedly some time on.

If it is bad visit your doc and dont settle for a dose of antibiotics. Mine did that for years it wasnt until the practice nurse referred me to hospital that things were taken seriously.

Good Health.

Seems like we need a helmet with a built in mask as well as eye and ear protection, it there one?.

Thinking about upgrading my processor but my MF135 wont pick up a big rotary blade machine so it looks like a chain bar type, hence my concern. Firewood for me is a side line to retailing stoves so I use a chainsaw very little normally.

A

Seems like we need a helmet with a built in mask as well as eye and ear protection, it there one?.

Thinking about upgrading my processor but my MF135 wont pick up a big rotary blade machine so it looks like a chain bar type, hence my concern. Firewood for me is a side line to retailing stoves so I use a chainsaw very little normally.

A

My MF550 is really only a MF135 with cab and it easily picks up my Palax processor with saw blade and conveyor.

My MF550 is really only a MF135 with cab and it easily picks up my Palax processor with saw blade and conveyor.[/Q

It should pick a Palax 70 (810kg-903kg) up no probs other than a bit of weight on the front. While it is easier to use the 70 wont handle any bigger stuff than my Japa 700 so was looking more at a 90 or Posch 360. 90s start at 1500kg. The Posch could perhaps be ok as its about 1200kg, thats close to top end weight wise.

If they can be planted with a teleporter then no probs as the 135 can power them ok, need to have a good look at the arb show this summer as I do process on more than one site.

If I can the chips pelleted for my own boiler then a Tajfun 400 might be a better way.

A