Mild continuous cold/catarrah remedy rqd?

cessna

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suffered with a chesty cough for a few years which culminated in my coughing up lumps with blood in them.

Got seen as an emergency (thank you, NHS24) and given an urgent X-ray. I got no report back so I assume that's good news.

Anyway, I've since replaced the 20yo wood burner with a new modern one…and the coughing has almost stopped! The old stove had been smoking a bit for years and I think I'd just got used to it.

Just look at all your air filters in your gear cos that's what your lungs are dealing with.

If you stick your face 2" from the chain :lol: The saw has a filter to stop it getting into the vital parts, should you do the same ? Particle filters are the obvious answer. As for the response where one member was coughing up blood I would want more than an X ray, when it happened to me 26 years ago I was diagnosed with TB.

Edited by peatff

My misses has just put a heaped teaspoon of Vicks into a washing up bowl with hot water. I put my face over with a towel to keep in the steam. It's opened me right up

We use a little facial sauna from Aldi with some Vick or some Olbas oil in it, only a bit is needed to clear your head and it cleans your pores at the same time :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Got hold of the Neilmed sinus wash that Taupo mentioned. Tried it last night and had a catarrh-free and snore free night. Stopped using Otravine years ago as I was starting to get frequent bleeds.

Plus this stuff doesn't stop you ingesting Malt Scotch. :-)

So thanks for the recommend.

Got hold of the Neilmed sinus wash that Taupo mentioned. Tried it last night and had a catarrh-free and snore free night. Stopped using Otravine years ago as I was starting to get frequent bleeds.

Plus this stuff doesn't stop you ingesting Malt Scotch. :-)

So thanks for the recommend.

You can make your own mix up too. Just quarter teaspoon baking soda and same of salt added to boiled water. Cheaper than those packets. Glad it worked for you.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App