New crewcab tipper on a budget??

arniecardigan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I run a movano single cab tipper, they are one of the lightest 3.5 tonners on the market, especially in front wheel drive as no rear drive train. The cabs sit considerably higher than transits etc so flood water no problem & a low tipper back which makes for easier loading & unloading. Massive amount of space in the cab. Only four tyres to replace instead of six. Engine parts easy to come by as they have a renault engine. Carry weight exceptionally well & cheap to buy second hand. One downside is vauxhall main dealers no nothing about them but renault dealers do.

Not being funny, but I wouldn't even consider a vehicle at that price £2200, all you'll end up with is a pile of rubbish/problems. What I'd do is save up a few more grand and buy something hopefully more reliable, I'd then look for a cabstar because I've had them and they're good and reliable

Edited by Lee Winger

I've had a master for 3 year now its been very reliable but its on its 2nd recon gearbox from new as that seems to be there weakness, apart from that its been great. occasionally spins on a steep hill with the chipper on and a load of chips with it being front wheel drive. at that money though i would be looking at a transit as parts are plentiful.

Not being funny, but I wouldn't even consider a vehicle at that price £2200, all you'll end up with is a pile of rubbish/problems. What I'd do is save up a few more grand and buy something hopefully more reliable, I'd then look for a cabstar because I've had them and they're good and reliable

twin cab cabstars are like rocking hours poo! plus they are next to useless on anything other than tarmac/concrete

I've never spent a lot of money on vehicles and never really had a bad one....my T4 cost me £2100 and I had no issues.....I have a mate that spent £9000 on an Iveco Daily only for the rear axle to go 6 months later!!!! Cost him a fortune!!

Spending lots can mean it costs alot more when it goes wrong!! I'm seriously thinking LDV as any mechanic worth his money should be able to fix it with just a bag of spanners!!!!

Dont you worry, a 2k bus will do exactly the same as a 9k bus.

I first had an ldv transit turbo engine! excellent vehicle, i changed to an iveco daily crew cab tipper, good vehicle, but for practicality and working the ldv was a better truck!

Anyhow, i bought ldv for 1600. ran it for a year and sold for 1450!

Bought iveco for 2800 ran for 2 years sold for 2150!

Both good trucks at the right money!

Not many people / fleets are getting new vehicles so all the 2nd hand vehicles go up in money and are at strong money!

I could still have happily ran the ldv now! Reliable, strong, plenty of bang for your buck!

I spent a bit extra this time to get a newer vehicle..... but it only does the same job as the last! :thumbup1: