Compulsory drugs testing

arbogrunt

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching U.S. police camera action type shows. I notice that often they will perform a sobriety test on drivers suspected of drink driving. Based on the opinions on this thread. Outside of a legal framework, A similar, but arb based drugs test could be implimented. This would seem like a good compromise. Those who feel, that some people are 100% competent when under the influence would be happy as the test is not prejudiced against drug use per say. Those in favor of testing would be placated because this cuts straight to the chase. Is the point that we reduce accidents in the workplace or is it about prosecution, mis direction of public funds for political advantage or something else? I don't know. Just brain storming.

On a personal front. If the drugs aren't altering your mind. why are you doing them? I think the synergy of narcotics and chainsaws is potentially devastating. Rancid black coffee and a harsh rollup are work drugs. The reason I climb trees is because I find it exciting. A proper big tree in perfect weather. No drugs required. It does it for for me everytime. If this was a musicians forum the thread would be quite different. The Cliff Richard V's Led Zeppelin no brainer. Sorry, went on a bit there.

I always wonder, what if you are out on the town and someone slips you some illegal drug - in your drink, say - you'd still fail a drug test even though it were not your fault

Similarly, with ketamine and similar medicinal tranquilisers, how could they tell the difference between medically administrated or illegal drugs in your system?

I always wonder, what if you are out on the town and someone slips you some illegal drug - in your drink, say - you'd still fail a drug test even though it were not your fault

Similarly, with ketamine and similar medicinal tranquilisers, how could they tell the difference between medically administrated or illegal drugs in your system?

because you have that little piece of paper from the doctor

If some one put something in my drink I would know! and would be down the cop shop!:cussing:

Eat a bagel with poppy seeds on and you will stand a good chance of failing an employment drug test a few hours later (opiates traces) the same is true of tablets witch contain traces of codeine, take some “non drowsy” cough mix and amphetamine traces may be found the same may be true of some boiled sweets found in some 24h ration packs! Sit in a room of friends who smoke dope but don’t yourself it will still be in your blood and will show up, handle quite a lot of cash do you? Then you will probably have swab traces on your fingerer tips of cocaine, have someone take a sample of your blood but if they use an alcohol based streret to wipe you skin it can give you a blood alcohol level when there was non in the first place (one UK police force had to throw out a load of drink drive cases & had years of cases appealed for this)