Compulsory drugs testing

arbogrunt

Nothing worse than working with a dope smoker, I will never allow drink or drugs on the job, come to work too hung over and give me that old i'm hungover routine too many times and that will get you the boot as well!

I packed in the dope months ago, never was a big smoker, I never got much out of it! and I only drink one night on the weekend..

As i've said before, I quit weed over a year ago, and I drink maybe once every couple of months.

I don't care for any kind of high anymore, but its not my concern how others choose to live their lives, only when I see someone destroying there life does it bother me some.

I can understand why and how it piss people of working with stoners, so don't.

I don't get it if you don't like them don't work with them and let them either find someone who puts up with their ways or come to the decision to not smoke at work!

Its simple to me, I'd out right refuse to have a compulsory regular drugs test, I believe in trust, arb work comapnies are generally small, if you can't trust someone to the extent you feel you need to drug test them, then well maybe you should be using someone else.

Maybe my experiences are vastly different to others, or maybe i've just been lucky to of worked with good people.

What pisses me off more is lazy bastards who don't care about doing a good job, who'se bad practices are truly shocking and its an amazment they've escaped serious injury, and they don't even have the excuse of being pot heads.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very anti steve.

i don't cause i turn into a sloth, slim chance having an accident slim chance of getting anything done. i also tend to break things if i've smoked alot before bed. so its just easier not to now.

in terms of habitual smokers, they are actually better when their stoned. seem to be jollier and pick up the pace. its when there not stoned their the nightmare. the pace doesn't change, it's the mood. they get crabby and moody and tend to moan. brings the vibe down man.

came across the first smoker at work today(been years), asked if i did, i said sometimes after lunch, then he pulled out a pipe(oops i thought he meant cigarettes).

sorry....but in my experience you cant trust anyone with an addiction/habit. they will be looking at ways to get their fix, and i dont just mean drugs, simple things like smoking regular ciggies in work trucks after being told no are a regular occurance.

:vroam: dont know what he's rambling on about now?!?! Smoking? Company trucks? Thats illegal now!! :bawling:

sorry....but in my experience you cant trust anyone with an addiction/habit. they will be looking at ways to get their fix, and i dont just mean drugs, simple things like smoking regular ciggies in work trucks after being told no are a regular occurance.

I agree ,if you cant leave it at home then you have a problem and way to much time on your hands ...I did the smoking thing and enjoyed it ,but when you have to smoke all day it aint fun

im not anti mate..i was more just addressing the trust issue than anything else

Thats the thing that bothers me most, I admit that generally you are absoloutly right. But life isn't so simple and clear cut, I just beleive in weighing each individuals chracter, don't just label him as a useless druggie addict.

I too was a addict, but finding tree work has helped me to change my life for the better, if no one gave me that chance, then i'd probably still be that useless untrustworthy addict.

Don't stereotype keep and keep an open mind.