willjones

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I'm with Stubby, I worked for a company that had a uniform policy, not complaint as they bought us Meindl boots and good quality trousers. We had 14 shirts 7 jumpers and 2 fleeces clean shirt to be worn every day.

The problem was that if you had any original idea of your own you was considered a square peg trying to fit into a round hole. I have no ill feeling to the company a very professional outfit, just not for me.

For me it's not the image that counts it's the quality and professionalism of the crew, uniform will not give you that.

One of the good things about tree surgery is that you don't have to wear a bloody suit or a naff uniform! I sub to a company that has provided me with a few t shirts and I have no problem sporting the teams colours but there has to be a limit. I really don't think a boss making his work force look like branded robots is of any real benefit to the company. As long as the staff are clean, presentable (ie no snoop dogg spliff hoodies etc :D) and polite I see no reason to go any further than a company t shirt and fleece/hoody.

Suppressing individuality for the sake of a bosses OCD isn't the way to go imo :001_smile:

Have a need for some “Honest, Hardworking, Clothing” for your company? Well we've got you covered… Literally. We work with all sorts of businesses; not just Tree Care and Forestry but, councils, schools, golf clubs, schools etc. Chances are we currently service an organisation similar to yours and can streamline the process of outfitting your team in rugged, yet professional apparel.

Outfit your team in any of our products at a volume discount rate. We can even screenprint or embroider your logo on our products for the professional look at a reasonable price.

Appearance is everything these days. It also promotes the business you work for. If I was a member of the public and I seen two different outfits working in my street one outfit had football tops and scruffy t-shirts on and the other had nice company polo shirts on I know which company I'd approach first if I wanted tree work doing

Spending a few quid on company work gear can make you money

joe public always go on first apperances and if you do look well presented in what you are wearing it go's along way to getting more work because you look more pro and approachable in smart and the correct work clothing rather then ripped tattie t shirt and trousers.it may well be a bit of ocd and I know I have it but I still get stuck in and work as hard as the next guy but can always manage to look smart and tidy.it's just a case of what suits one person may not another.would't do for us to all be the same.agree bout the helmets,should be able to make your own call on that one.what if you want'd a protos?