2nd jobs

WillTimberlake

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are firefighters own families in less danger than yours during strikes? Tories are masters of divide and conquer and they are trying it again.

Not enough people in this country have half a brain. They are busy bickering amongst each other while the government steams ahead with a £51,000,000,000 project for a new railway. Who does the railway benefit? You guessed it, rich folks who want to get richer.

Why should you or me pay for others mistakes in the financial sector?

I posted an article on facebook outlining the truth behind what the dispute with the fire service is about. Within 5 days it had been shared in support of the firefighters 193,000 times.

Anyone who does not know the FULL facts behind the dispute cannot even comment.

Hows that for a thread de-rail ha ha ha.

I think we'd have more sympathy if you guys weren't well paid that's the issue, I graft my ass off and so do most members on this forum for a decent living we've got the stress off finding work to support our family's and tbh the last thing we want to do is sort out a pension specially since these days a pensions seems to be a luxury .

Yes you've got a raw deal now but at least you've got a deal the majority of us here have no 'deal' and I dare say that most of the uk have no 'deal' maybe that's why we're so critical of the strikes and 2nd jobs

I think we'd have more sympathy if you guys weren't well paid that's the issue, I graft my ass off and so do most members on this forum for a decent living we've got the stress off finding work to support our family's and tbh the last thing we want to do is sort out a pension specially since these days a pensions seems to be a luxury .

Yes you've got a raw deal now but at least you've got a deal the majority of us here have no 'deal' and I dare say that most of the uk have no 'deal' maybe that's why we're so critical of the strikes and 2nd jobs

We all made our choices to be where we are now, firemen chose their career path with promise of early retirement and good wage, we chose cutting trees for peanuts and a grim old age, can't blame em when rug is pulled from under their feet

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

We all made our choices to be where we are now, firemen chose their career path with promise of early retirement and good wage, we chose cutting trees for peanuts and a grim old age, can't blame em when rug is pulled from under their feet

That's true but like myself and millions of other people we expected pensions and to retire at 65.

Ok well do something about it , tell these public servants who we elected what we want, don't let the political class pat you on the head and tell you sorry we haven't got any money cos it is bollox!

Look at what they piss up the wall and then tell me we as a country are skint! I don't think so

Ps anyone need a climber? Excellent rates,north west and midlands x

Ok well do something about it , tell these public servants who we elected what we want, don't let the political class pat you on the head and tell you sorry we haven't got any money cos it is bollox!

Look at what they piss up the wall and then tell me we as a country are skint! I don't think so

Ps anyone need a climber? Excellent rates,north west and midlands x

I would but Guy falks had a go and it didn't end well for that chap

Its not as simple as that, for every firefighter position advertised there are on average 80 applicants (and thats just those who apply, many more would apply if they thought there was much point) so those that are successful are the lucky few.

I think the reason most don't support the firefighters is because them seem to always to be striking for something, when there are plenty who would be more than happy to do the job on the new terms.

Its not as simple as that, for every firefighter position advertised there are on average 80 applicants (and thats just those who apply, many more would apply if they thought there was much point) so those that are successful are the lucky few.

I think the reason most don't support the firefighters is because them seem to always to be striking for something, when there are plenty who would be more than happy to do the job on the new terms.

And the rest huck I remember when Kent had its last whole time intake 7 years ago there where positions for 20ff's and six thousand applied. Haven't recruited since. What a joke!

Lets see some more pics of big shiny bits of kit from the second jobs please.

As for firemen striking, I don't care. Was thinking of joining when younger but the thought of leaving half my dinner to rush out and chase a fire did not sit well with my belly.

Pensions etc. are a alien concept. i'm told now I will retire at 69. Not planning on hanging around until then anyway. As long as I'm working I count myself as lucky. Everyone with less or more good luck to them.

let's see some more interesting kit!!!

Lets see some more pics of big shiny bits of kit from the second jobs please.

As for firemen striking, I don't care. Was thinking of joining when younger but the thought of leaving half my dinner to rush out and chase a fire did not sit well with my belly.

Pensions etc. are a alien concept. i'm told now I will retire at 69. Not planning on hanging around until then anyway. As long as I'm working I count myself as lucky. Everyone with less or more good luck to them.

let's see some more interesting kit!!!

Don't ever change mate!

Arnold Shwarzenegger said in his biography he'd seen mine workers in Africa go to crazy depths and conditions for $1/day.

He said 'Thats when you're really in the ****!'

We are pretty lucky really.

How many people honestly do a job they enjoy?

There are a lot of lot of applicants to join the Brigade, there are a lot of people wanting to make their living in the arb or forestry sector. Most fail.

Just the way it is.