climbng saws? sthil or nothing?

just wanna climb

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McAlister all the way!:laugh1:

My 200t has cost me far too much in tuning and carb issues...

Ty

I lent a battery drill out and it got stolen, they bought me a brand new MAC Alister to replace the Panasonic :thumbdown:

I chucked it under the bench a week later when it died. If you like MAC alister you can have it.

Buy cheap buy twice. Personally I wouldn't touch anything from that brand.

I've not used either of the prime pups in the litter, so just a curious onlooker. By all accounts up until recently, the 200T was the one to go for; and if you have one now in good nick, it's still probably the best. Sure it has its issues but that's to be expected of hard worked equipment after many years of service.

The 201T, is by too many opinions to ignore, not worth entering your PIN number to acquire.

The T540 wouldn't have had even a toe in the market, with the 200T being the monarch of the glen. But for the replacement of the aforementioned with the 201T.

But having shot themselves in the foot. It can only be a matter of time, before parts are withdrawn for the 200T. Though that may well be a very long way away. But as with any non manufactured piece of machinery, there can now only be an ever dwindling availability of 'good' 200Ts. There will be faithful, never falter examples - another year examples - worth fixer-ups until I can afford something new. But an increasing number, will become only worth their stripped parts.

While... depending on your view. The T540 will be lurking at the edge of the forest for the monarch to weaken. Or be the new victorious buck in the field.

• 1 month later...
I've not used either of the prime pups in the litter, so just a curious onlooker. By all accounts up until recently, the 200T was the one to go for; and if you have one now in good nick, it's still probably the best. Sure it has its issues but that's to be expected of hard worked equipment after many years of service.

The 201T, is by too many opinions to ignore, not worth entering your PIN number to acquire.

The T540 wouldn't have had even a toe in the market, with the 200T being the monarch of the glen. But for the replacement of the aforementioned with the 201T.

But having shot themselves in the foot. It can only be a matter of time, before parts are withdrawn for the 200T. Though that may well be a very long way away. But as with any non manufactured piece of machinery, there can now only be an ever dwindling availability of 'good' 200Ts. There will be faithful, never falter examples - another year examples - worth fixer-ups until I can afford something new. But an increasing number, will become only worth their stripped parts.

While... depending on your view. The T540 will be lurking at the edge of the forest for the monarch to weaken. Or be the new victorious buck in the field.

The thing with stihl is they keep manufacturing parts for long obsolete saws, the 020AVEQ still has a 90% parts availability in the uk, as does the 090, 051/076, even the 009, 041G and much more! So even when the 202T arrives, the 200T parts will still be available, I managed to obtain a new 051R mount rubber, despite the wrap handle being obsolete since 1980.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

It doesn't

Can you explain why I went through 6 carbs on the last two 200t's I brought then ?

Before that they had issues with the fuel breather snapping off they always have issues with the earth wire breaking and the chain brakes snapping and the anti vibes are medieval.... then there was the exhausts that broke when you looked at them and the air filter covers that magically disappeared in the earlier models ... 200t was frustrating and never had the torque of its older brother the Aluminium 020.

Edited by MattyF

Can you explain why I went through 6 carbs on the last two 200t's I brought then ?

Before that they had issues with the fuel breather snapping off they always have issues with the earth wire breaking and the chain brakes snapping and the anti vibes are medieval.... then there was the exhausts that broke when you looked at them and the air filter covers that magically disappeared in the earlier models ... 200t was frustrating and never had the torque of its older brother the Aluminium 020.

Your entirely missing the point Matty . What you don't seem to understand is that CJM is right and we are all wrong ......Simple as that bud :biggrin: