climbng saws? sthil or nothing?

just wanna climb

Can you explain why I went through 6 carbs on the last two 200t's I brought then ?

Before that they had issues with the fuel breather snapping off they always have issues with the earth wire breaking and the chain brakes snapping and the anti vibes are medieval.... then there was the exhausts that broke when you looked at them and the air filter covers that magically disappeared in the earlier models ... 200t was frustrating and never had the torque of its older brother the Aluminium 020.

100% agree , my old 020 is still a stonker , and I've lost count of the repairs on my 200t's , don't mention carbs to me !! My 201 has been poor too .

Been looking at the 540 , I can see one coming soon

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think general consensus from lads I work with and local dealers is that newer saws have and will have more issues with carbs, running, power etc due to a need to meet Euro emissions etc, hence why 020's and so on are revered, and probably always will be. I'm waiting for superconductors and the like to make battery powered saws the future!

I've a 020 that I bought second hand a couple of years ago and I've dropped it twice from about 15 ft and it's had daily use, often used as a ground saw (naughty) and it's still full of beans - albeit a bit weathered!

I like the look of Echo's saws, Iit would be nice to read some meaningfull feedback. My only worry with anything that isn't a mainstream brand is parts and backup....mind having said that all Iv'e bought for my 020 are bars and chains.

Hurrah!

Not where I live you cant, stihl dealer near me carries very few parts :confused1:

Weston Tree Services Tree Surgeon Tree Surgery in Inverness and the Highlands

Unlucky for you, my local dealer tends to have most of the parts I need... For the old ones, if they're new machines on the other hand it's a 3 day wait!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Just while we are talking about stihl's I have a 201t which I bought about a year ago and agree with everybody who says they are gutless, can anybody help me with the muffler mod? How do you do it? :confused1:

Get a drill, take the clutch casing off the saw, operate drill, create hole in muffler, directing it away from operator

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App